By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz's Official Game of the Year 2019 Awards - Vote Here!

I was going to vote until I realized I have not played a single current game this year. At most I've played re-releases or ports. I'm not sure if that's good or bad...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Astral Chain would be my surprise of the year

I think Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is missing from Most Anticipated Game of 2020

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Hm, I understand that this is probably the easiest way to do it, but game selection is quite limited.

Perhaps there's also Trials of Mana as a Most Anticipated Game, coming April 2020.
I also miss Life is Strange 2 in a category for Best Game 2019 (maybe Adventure?). But I can understand if you don't put it in.

Around the Network

For once, I actually managed to notice this vote? Nice!

My GOTY is Mario Maker 2.
Although I was initially put off by the user-designed levels, it's one of the most addicting multiplayer games I've played in a long time.

Sad to see Travis Strikes Again in the most disappointing category, didn't review the best, but it was a better No More Heroes than 2, while still very simple, it was more mechanically complex than the previous games. One of the best written games by Suda too.

Also I would put Pokemon Sword and Shield in the Best original music score category. Also Little Town Hero but that would only get one vote.

My most anticipated game of 2020 is Dreams and since it was announced I've been drawing concept art for enemies, developing stories, backdrops, missions, side quests, music. Oh man, I cannot wait for the full release. I also like that you can create pretty much anything to your heart's content. If this game launched back in 2015 the PS4 sales would have been significantly higher guaranteed and seeing the PS5 is going to be backwards compatible it will hopefully help the longevity of the game and help the PS5 along with sales. Also excited for when the VR update comes so you can make your very own VR experiences/games.

Am glad untitled goose game was 1 of the options :)

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!