By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump appreciation thread.

Rab said:
SwitchUP said:
The worst thing about trump is, he exposed how Intolerant the oh so tolerant extreme lefties are. Basically, and it's all over the reactions in this thread, if you like trump, you're an idiot that needs to be avoided... but, if you go with the hive mind, you're an amazing smart, tolerant person? If anyone disagrees with you, spit hate, right? I respect anyone's opinion that dont like trump. I dont like everything about him. Hes a dick. But his job isnt to part the ass cheeks of everyone and kiss. So, while I have no I'll will or hatred for the left, you that cant control your own hatred, I'm happy to know that you will avoid me. But that's how the left has handled themselves for over 3 years now, it's really sad. Vote in 2020 for who your heart and mind tell you to, and I will as well. If your guy or gal wins, that's fine. I wont come in and call you stupid. TRUMP 2020

This is pure projection

Trump is divisive, he thrives on it, expect people to fight back, he is not a President that brings people together    

It's not projection, it's true. Just look at this thread as one tiny example.

When you've even got mods and admins chiming in, you know you're not welcome here.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
RJTM1991 said:
"This place is getting deserted, and we have to do something about it": the thread.

You've already been told that you can use filters to make political threads invisible.

And?

RJTM1991 said:
Rab said:

This is pure projection

Trump is divisive, he thrives on it, expect people to fight back, he is not a President that brings people together    

It's not projection, it's true. Just look at this thread as one tiny example.

When you've even got mods and admins chiming in, you know you're not welcome here.

What are you talking about? No one seems to be serious here, not even the OP was serious? I can't tell

You might wanna spend some time browsing resetera and you'll come appreciating the mod team here a lot more. Assuming they don't ban for "dismissing potential misogyny". 

RolStoppable said:
RJTM1991 said:

And?

Now I see what the problem is.

Ah, so you understand now that filters only work when you're signed in?

Rab said:
SwitchUP said:
The worst thing about trump is, he exposed how Intolerant the oh so tolerant extreme lefties are. Basically, and it's all over the reactions in this thread, if you like trump, you're an idiot that needs to be avoided... but, if you go with the hive mind, you're an amazing smart, tolerant person? If anyone disagrees with you, spit hate, right? I respect anyone's opinion that dont like trump. I dont like everything about him. Hes a dick. But his job isnt to part the ass cheeks of everyone and kiss. So, while I have no I'll will or hatred for the left, you that cant control your own hatred, I'm happy to know that you will avoid me. But that's how the left has handled themselves for over 3 years now, it's really sad. Vote in 2020 for who your heart and mind tell you to, and I will as well. If your guy or gal wins, that's fine. I wont come in and call you stupid. TRUMP 2020

This is pure projection

And let us not forget to mention that many of his opposers thrive on it,that is the biggest eyesore for me.

I do appreciate that he mostly only brought us twitterwars and drama instead of real things and his sense of fashion ofcourse ,on to 2020 for a president that brings people together and isnt a diplomatic rookie!

Around the Network

Thanks to Trump I don't have to worry about getting cancer from Windmills. #covfefe

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 16 December 2019

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
RolStoppable said:
RJTM1991 said:

Not that. You don't like it that the people who support Trump are in the minority. Plus you view the people who don't support Trump as democrats, but this is an international forum, so most people who have something against Trump aren't democrats.

In regards to people leaving the site, it didn't do any good when Trump supporters had a stronger presence on this site. It did more harm than good when VGC became the place to post for those who couldn't possibly post their political ideas on NeoGAF or ResetEra.

In the minority or afraid to express their support? Trump showed that there is a very large "silent majority" last election cycle.  Most people that having something against Trump feel empowered to express their vile hatred because Leftist say to do it and a large portion of the Media coverage spins it as a positive.  The fact that you can't attend public speaking events, college campuses, etc supporting "Right" leaning individuals without fearing for your safety is not a good thing in anyway.  Both sides deserve respect and an equal voice.

Silencing people because of who they support should never be encouraged at any website, forum, etc.  The fact that you find that as a positive is scary and a very Fascist concept of thought.  You should be encouraging those individuals to come here as a non-bias area for them to still enjoy something you do have in common (Video Games) to help grow the website in user base.  It's pretty clear you know how to avoid those kind of posts so why worry about them posting about it?

Last edited by scottslater - on 16 December 2019

Nintendo with the Switch:

RolStoppable said:
RJTM1991 said:

Not that. You don't like it that the people who support Trump are in the minority. Plus you view the people who don't support Trump as democrats, but this is an international forum, so most people who have something against Trump aren't democrats.

In regards to people leaving the site, it didn't do any good when Trump supporters had a stronger presence on this site. It did more harm than good when VGC became the place to post for those who couldn't possibly post their political ideas on NeoGAF or ResetEra.

"You don't like it that the people who support Trump are in the minority..."

I don't give a hot shit about Trump or his supporters. Conservatives are backward, uncaring cavemen. I just hate seeing politics injected into everything. Shit causes nothing but trouble and divides everyone. Like when massive corporations take a side, then wonder why they lose money. People with opposing views are alienated and they go elsewhere. It's not hard to understand.

"Plus you view the people who don't support Trump as democrats..."

No, I see them as spoiled, obnoxious, coddled, middle-class brats who're typically students and live on social media.

RolStoppable said:
scottslater said:

In the minority or afraid to express their support? Trump showed that there is a very large "silent majority" last election cycle.  Most people that having something against Trump feel empowered to express their vile hatred because Leftist say to do it and a large portion of the Media coverage spins it as a positive.

Silencing people because of who they support should never be encouraged at any website, forum, etc.  The fact that you find that as a positive is scary and a very Fascist concept of thought.  You should be encouraging those individuals to come here as a non-bias area for them to still enjoy something you do have in common (Video Games) to help grow the website in user base.  It's pretty clear you know how to avoid those kind of posts so why worry about them posting about it?

Trump's strongest supporters are very much alike to the people who vote for far-right political parties in Europe. What such people have in common is a wrong idea of what freedom of speech means. The actual idea of freedom of speech is that people are able to voice their opinions and people who disagree are able to voice their opinions too. But people with far-right attitudes interpret freedom of speech as something else, so they will commonly say that they can't voice their opinions anymore. They have that impression because they face disagreement and that's something they have a hard time coping with.

Trump supporters are not and have not been silenced on this website. However, just like a state's idea of freedom of speech that isn't 100% freedom but punishes hate speech and the like, VGC also has limits along those lines.

If I imagine myself as a more moderate Trump supporter, I have to ask myself how I would be able to stick up for Trump's administration. Trump himself does stupid things on a weekly basis and then follows up with headscratching explanations why he did stupid things in the first place. If I tried to take Trump's side, I'd make myself a laughing stock in a short amount of time because I wouldn't be able to have any respectable consistency when the president himself continues to undermine everything. So that's what I would pin down as the main reason why there aren't more people on this website who take Trump's side. They may support his policies, but Trump runs the day-to-day business in such a horrible fashion that he becomes indefensible in no time.

lol, right... There is a difference between facing disagreement and being attacked... There is no denying that most centrist and right-leaning individuals fear being attacked far more than left-leaning individuals because that is the way it is right now in most public forums.  How many Democrat politicians are attacked at their homes, while out to dinner, etc? How many people wearing a hat or pin that supports a Democrat fear being attacked? Just in the last couple weeks you have had CHILDREN attacked for wearing something that supports Trump.

If I was a moderate Trump supporter there is no way that I would support anything that is coming from the Media, far left politicians, etc.  A vote for Trump doesn't mean you support Trump but rather don't support what the other side is "offering" right now.  If you don't see the trend of Centrists, Independents, Moderate Democrats, etc supporting "Trump" right now then you are in denial or don't pay attention.  The Far Left is in full attack mode and many of the "silent" voters cannot and will not support that. 

Nintendo with the Switch:

Hiku said:

We have The Official US Politics OT where people can post their appreciation.

If you want to make a separate thread about it, you'll have to do a lot better than posting a few claims with no context, sources, etc.

Shouldn't you ban the second user that posted in this thread, whose only comment was "nonsense", and provided no sources to back up that claim? 

This site is biased, I tell you! Biased! 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.