By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump appreciation thread.

I'm from Britain. I'm not gonna pick sides in all this. I don't have strong enough feelings enough for other nation's politics (sometimes my own), even if I feel a bit American (and always have since I was born) as Britain is sorta like America anyway. Also, I don't know all the good/bad things Trump has done in the last 3 years. Correct me if I'm wrong with any facts but this is my 'neutral' review of Trump-

The above list at top of thread are very good things on a collective scale. But one thing I dislike about politics is that it neglects all the people who live in individual scale. but that's the nature of politics, till politicians come out their bubble and consider the individual. I suppose few new jobs (that look like a lot on a collective scale) may have helped a few individuals (depending on town/city/state they live in) but that's all what I see how Trump is benefiting the individual. Is money the only problem in America? I don't know cos I'm not from America but I understand the economy is fundamental and can fix a lot of other problems too. But can it fix everything?

One thing I didn't expect is that no war has came of Trump. I suppose he was never stereotypical war-driven right wing. He is just a wise and experienced stubborn business-man. China's just landed a trade deal with U.S, while North and South Korea are talking to each other. I didn't expect that back in 2016. Trump has played his cards well... but he already had the best deck from the start anyway cos he's the president of America (king of global trade) while all the other countries or rival economies (as Trump sees it) have less companies/industries to utilise/trade. (basically Trump has better Pokemon cards by default - like a shiny Charizard and an Ancient Mew just cos he's the president of America so his true skill/talent is camouflaged by his luck... I'm not saying he is not talented at making trade deals, I'm sure he's better than 99%. I'm just saying its hard to measure his standalone talent).

He may not be racist/xenophobic (in person) but he did play the role of a demagogue for a couple of years (to get into power), neglecting real racism/xenophobia in the society. Now he's settled in and has focused a lot more on trade deals than anything else, I think. But I'm not from America so I wouldn't know everything he has done recently.
He values liberty and flaunting his gluttony, making him very different from your average republican. But lets hope he wants freedom and gluttony for all, not just the rich. I suppose by creating jobs, he's giving the poor potential jobs/income/opportunity. But whats the ratio of good/bad jobs that he creates for people? Plus I hope he's creating new jobs and not re-locating the same jobs professions making same opportunities as before but in another location. Or hope he's not just maximising the larger companies produce and smashing small local business. But I'm not American so I wouldn't know.

Like I said, I don't feel too strongly for/against Trump. I don't know all the good/bad things he has done throughout his 3 years of his presidency. I may have missing parts to the story (and I will have), but I hope I nailed some good points in all this though.

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, NES, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10, PSVR, Switch, PS5 & PSVR2. :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-main-stream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.

Around the Network

Kinda sad that despite living in the U.S. I know nothing of Trump 's presidency, what effects he made if any. That's my fault for not paying attention of course, but it kinda goes to show that nothing major has changed. All I know is he makes funny memes, blames video games for gun violence, and the media and government want his head more than anything else.

This is a joke thread, right?

No one seriously believes this guy is a capable at performing his job.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I voted for Trump. I have been busy with medical school, but I posted several times in past threads. Trump is very much a typical American president and by those standards better than most because of the lack of war, boost in economy, and restraint against caving to outrage sensationalism. His war on china is something I cannot support enough. North Korea has not been solved, but it wasn’t Trump’s fault to begin with. If we get nuked one day I blame Hollywood for movies like The Interview or World Police more than Obama, but Obama had years to do something and it escalated under his watch. Trump has proven to be the correct vote in 2016, but not nearly my ideal as something actually right wing (as opposed to those calling Trump’s centrism far-right).

Last edited by teamsilent13 - on 16 December 2019

God Bless America!!

Around the Network

Why is there a politics section on Vgcharts exactly? this isnt reddit. and this discussion doesnt belong here

I don't think we should ever appreciate a politician, we may at most appreciate some policy of achievements and decisions of said politician.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I appreciate that he makes people I want to avoid at all cost easily visible.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

He's doing ok. I expected more, maybe during his second term he'll get a thumbs up from me. He's done a lot of good things before he even got elected like playing a major role in raising awareness about fake news and the fact that the corporate media isn't interested in spreading the truth and fake news are in fact is a good chunk of what we hear & read. Important topics that the public have been sleeping on like immigration have become part of the public debate thanks to him as well.

After his election, more people are realising that the real divide in the west is not left vs right, and that both parties are largely serving the same people. The left is calling him a dictator and a Putin puppet who can't be trusted with a nuclear code while simultaneously increasing his military spending repeatedly, but they're pursuing a dead end impeaching him y'all!

The only way Trump is the best president in your lifetime is if you're less than 3 years old.

Signature goes here!