By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War (4), The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, which will be the best PS4 game?

You choose!

God of War (4) 6 20.00%

The Last of Us Part II 16 53.33%

Ghost of Tsushima 8 26.67%

Total:30

All will be (are) fantastic but I will say Ghost of Tsushima.

Around the Network

FFVIIR will destroy everything for me (even though only exclusive for a year). The recent trailer just really gave me those crazy chills.

StreaK said:
FFVIIR will destroy everything for me (even though only exclusive for a year). The recent trailer just really gave me those crazy chills.

For sure but I think we are talking about exclusive games.

Keiji said:
StreaK said:

For sure but I think we are talking about exclusive games.

Well, in 2020 it will be exclusive, also they could just mean next gen or PC iterations, what will put FF7R in exclusive bucket.

I dont think anyone will care about X1 version in 2021 ( with next gen on market) tbh.

edit - I bet Lou2 will take the crown, looks like ND is going with some brave decisions in this one. But i will buy GoT day1.

Horizon zero dawn and Spiderman deserve a spot aside God of War for PS4 game of the generation. Anyways the three games I mentioned raised the bar very high. So its hard to say if the upcoming games are able to reach it and raise it even higher.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Horizon ZD: A looker; fun, albeit samey combat with bad melee; trite women can do it as well narrative; cheesy dialogue;

Spider Man: Amazing traversal; good acting and dialogue but not much depth in writing and overall arc; fun combat, but a bit too batman-y; some sections draged, same missions over and over;

God of War: Superb combat; awesome writing; absolutely beautiful; top acting; perfect start for something much bigger; some worlds a bit empty, or not as well realised;

Ghost of Tsushima: hesitant on combat of which we have not seen too much; awesome setting and conflict for a game; not in the same league as other stand out titles I fear; hpful of Sucker Punch putting there open world experience to good use;

Uncharted 4: variety of locations is off the chartz; best dialogue writing and acting and animation; but somewhat disappointing story that hampered the enjoyment of the adventure; servicable combat with awesome context sensetivity and quite good stealth;

TLOU part II: without the enormous production problems ND had with Uncharted 4, I expect great things from the sequel of one of my favourite games ever.

From the selection given in the OP, I would think it is TLOU 2 with God of War the closest second ever.

But my personal favourite might be dreams, astro bot rescue mission, or REVII (VR) when all is said and done.
(And dang God of War was good - ND really has their work cut out for them. Due to personal preference combat almost can't be as good in TLOU as it is in God of War.)

I really need to finish GOW. Damn my gaming ADD. I do think Ghost of Tsushima will be a great game. It looks like the spiritual successor to Tenchu, and I loved that game.

Based on the first game, I'd be surprised if TLOU2 won't be my favorite PS4 game. If it included multiplayer, TLOU2 would further cement that position.

I love singleplayer games but "Factions" in TLOU1 is fantastic. You crazy people owe it to yourself to give it a proper go. Not just a forced run for the mp trophy.

Spider-Man is probably the best game of this generation on numerous levels.

If you're gonna make a poll, might I suggest more than three options?

If it's just the best game on PS4, then Devil May Cry 5 will almost assuredly wind up being my favorite.

If it's best exclusive, then Bloodborne probably occupies the top spot currently, with room for FFVII Remake to grab it when it releases.