By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Tinder worth paying for?

Is it worth paying for?

Yep! 5 8.62%

No! 53 91.38%

Total:58
Verter said:
numberwang said:

Nothing, you just need a good profile (pics) and text that gets their attention. Second or third message should be a general "do you have plans for the week/end?" or "I am interested seeing you irl". Next message should be more specific with date and time. This will weed out time wasters as well. Most guys get a 5:1 match to irl date ratio.

One date every five matches? Is that some kind of sorcery? Most women don't even reply to my first message.

It's a lot easier with men, but I don't dare to look for men while being in my hometown, honestly.

OT, it's not worth it, in my opinion and personal experience. You basically have the full functionality for free, and I don't know how much of a difference paying would make. Besides, of all the apps I've tried, this is the one that's given me the worst results: one date in three-four years of almost daily use, while in other apps I can get a date within a few weeks. The only cons of these other apps is that there aren't many people using them, so I can basically check every single profile that could interest me in a matter of days and then there's nothing else to do.

Yeah that's been my experience with Tinder too more or less.

From 2017 to this year, I swiped yes to over 100,000 women on Tinder. I got 15 matches and 1 date out of it.

I don't even use it any more at all much less pay for it, it's absolutely useless. Nowadays I'm on Bumble, OKCupid, Plenty of Fish, and Coffee Meet Bagel, all of which I've gotten better results from.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Well, I do seem to be having more luck than usual; in 5 days I've managed to match and start conversations with two women.

This is the hard part though, I have absolutely no idea how to talk to women, like what am I even supposed to say?

DId they ask you any questions first, if so what are the questions, or waiting for you to ask something?

Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

Well, I do seem to be having more luck than usual; in 5 days I've managed to match and start conversations with two women.

This is the hard part though, I have absolutely no idea how to talk to women, like what am I even supposed to say?

DId they ask you any questions first, if so what are the questions, or waiting for you to ask something?

I usually have to post first, and I generally try to ask them questions about themselves. Still, I always struggle to think of anything interesting.

curl-6 said:
Cobretti2 said:

I usually have to post first, and I generally try to ask them questions about themselves. Still, I always struggle to think of anything interesting.

Hmm

Maybe change of tactics. 

Something Along the lines of..

(Note: you will need to tinker the words as I don't know exactly how those inline systems work in terms of matching, swiping etc lol.

Hi Name, 

Looks like you and I have come up as a match, who would have thought that a miracle like this could happen in Victoria when we have been in lockdown for most of the year lol.

Normally I am a little shy and would strike up a conversation via messages first, however the lockdown has put things in perspective just how important to mental health being talking to someone in person is. I have read your profile and indeed can see A B C is things that I find about you interesting and D E F things that we share in common.

Perhaps if you are free this weekend, or some time in the near future, I would appreciate a chance to meet up on a date and get to know each other a bit better and see where it goes from there. 

Then you study this thing, no idea if it really works lol
https://www.landscapeoflife.com.au/live-love-lead-journal/36-questions-that-may-lead-to-love/

Have you tried Facebook Dating? I think it's called like that in English. It seems it kind of works here where I live, being an extension of Facebook. Right now I have someone in my radar but if it doesn't work out I might give it a shot.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Metallox said:

Have you tried Facebook Dating? I think it's called like that in English. It seems it kind of works here where I live, being an extension of Facebook. Right now I have someone in my radar but if it doesn't work out I might give it a shot.

Apparently it's not available in my region.

Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

Hmm

Maybe change of tactics. 

(Note: you will need to tinker the words as I don't know exactly how those inline systems work in terms of matching, swiping etc lol.

Hi Name, 

Looks like you and I have come up as a match, who would have thought that a miracle like this could happen in Victoria when we have been in lockdown for most of the year lol.

Normally I am a little shy and would strike up a conversation via messages first, however the lockdown has put things in perspective just how important to mental health being talking to someone in person is. I have read your profile and indeed can see A B C is things that I find about you interesting and D E F things that we share in common.

Perhaps if you are free this weekend, or some time in the near future, I would appreciate a chance to meet up on a date and get to know each other a bit better and see where it goes from there. 

https://www.landscapeoflife.com.au/live-love-lead-journal/36-questions-that-may-lead-to-love/

Thanks for the advice, I'll try changing things up and see if that helps.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 December 2020

curl-6 said:
Metallox said:

Apparently it's not available in my region.

Cobretti2 said:

Hmm

Maybe change of tactics. 

Hi Name, 

Thanks for the advice, I'll try changing things up and see if that helps.

Well it ain't perfect and TBH i never used the online sites I got lucky tbh lol. It is just me thinking how I would approach it, with a bit of light humor to drop their guard and be cheeky to ask for a date.

Not sure how it come across, but the lock down thing is meant to come of a a bit of humor thrown in. Even the bit where i wrote interaction in person, can throw in a few more things like be nice to get to some fresh air and vitamin D before the inevitable wave 3 hits us with those sneaky NSW people always looking to get into our state..

curl-6 said:

From 2017 to this year, I swiped yes to over 100,000 women on Tinder. I got 15 matches and 1 date out of it.

Boy get Tinder plus. You can see who has swiped on you so you don't have to waste time with pointless swiping. That alone is worth the 10 bucks.

numberwang said:
curl-6 said:

Boy get Tinder plus. You can see who has swiped on you so you don't have to waste time with pointless swiping. That alone is worth the 10 bucks.

I don't really want to spend money on something that might not pay off though. It's likely there simply aren't many women who've swiped on me at all and my experience on Tinder is that there's a ton of time wasters.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 21 December 2020

PDF said:

I met my gf of three years on tinder.

Not sure if this works anymore but if you delete your account and create a new one you are likely to get more matches. This is because they show new profiles at a higher rate because they want to get you hooked with matches. It will also reset your hidden tinder score which it sounds like might be a good thing.

Also, location can matter a lot, I lived outside my main city by only about 15 minutes but would get a few matches compared to when I drove into town and swyped. and it felt like I was mr. popular.

Out of curiosity is her name PNG?