By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Tinder worth paying for?

Is it worth paying for?

Yep! 5 8.62%

No! 53 91.38%

Total:58
Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

It's funny this thread gets bumped on the exact day I went back onto dating apps after a 9 months hiatus.
Gonna try and get back out there while there's no covid, before there's another quarantine fuckup and subsequent third wave.

I've really missed intimacy, being stuck single during the pandemic.

I'll tell you what I told my mate the other week.

Went to the city for a walk first time in months to pick up a game. 

Women seem to be skimpier than ever, like they trying to find a hook up. Might be a perfect time to go in and scout. 

Well, women are human too, maybe they also felt a bit sex deprived during lockdown haha. I sure as hell wouldn't mind a good hookup right now, though the logistics of it might be tricky as I still feel a bit afraid of being out in public since the pandemic, my OCD's gotten pretty bad. I'm working on it.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Cobretti2 said:

I'll tell you what I told my mate the other week.

Went to the city for a walk first time in months to pick up a game. 

Women seem to be skimpier than ever, like they trying to find a hook up. Might be a perfect time to go in and scout. 

Well, women are human too, maybe they also felt a bit sex deprived during lockdown haha. I sure as hell wouldn't mind a good hookup right now, though the logistics of it might be tricky as I still feel a bit afraid of being out in public since the pandemic, my OCD's gotten pretty bad. I'm working on it.

Indeed they are deprived lol. So in theory should be easier to find one (i think even a jack ass has a shot atm).

You should get out there, not only for this reason but because what I found is that being in lock down I have lost a lot of stamina and leg and lower back strength. Been sitting on my couch at home since March lol.

ATM I am walking about half the speed I used to, probably 2.5km/h. Normally I walk twice as fast as most people, atm found myself walking slower than most. My lower back and kidneys hurt too after a km walk and barely can stand.

Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

Indeed they are deprived lol. So in theory should be easier to find one (i think even a jack ass has a shot atm).

You should get out there, not only for this reason but because what I found is that being in lock down I have lost a lot of stamina and leg and lower back strength. Been sitting on my couch at home since March lol.

ATM I am walking about half the speed I used to, probably 2.5km/h. Normally I walk twice as fast as most people, atm found myself walking slower than most. My lower back and kidneys hurt too after a km walk and barely can stand.

Sorry to hear man. Yeah I've lost a lot of fitness too, I'm trying to fix that atm.

I've hopped back on Bumble/Plenty of Fish/Coffee Meet Bagel/OKCupid, the ones I've had the most luck with. Tinder is best for hookups people say but I never really had much luck with it, only ever got two dates on it that went nowhere.

curl-6 said:
Cobretti2 said:

Sorry to hear man. Yeah I've lost a lot of fitness too, I'm trying to fix that atm.

I've hopped back on Bumble/Plenty of Fish/Coffee Meet Bagel/OKCupid, the ones I've had the most luck with. Tinder is best for hookups people say but I never really had much luck with it, only ever got two dates on it that went nowhere.

Live and learn lol

Walking to work daily is what kept me fit. Now I need to squeeze it into my Christmas break somewhere to get back to speed lol

Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

Live and learn lol

Walking to work daily is what kept me fit. Now I need to squeeze it into my Christmas break somewhere to get back to speed lol

Yeah I've been going for a lot of walks now that I can, to try to regain my normal weight.

Also holy shit dating apps are just getting more and more horrible and predatory; just in the 9 months I've stopped using them, OKCupid and Plenty of Fish have both switched to awful "you get 10 likes a day, pay if you want more", its all quite disgustingly anti-consumer.

I remember back in the day when you could freely message as many women as you wanted on them for free. I guess everything nowadays is extorting money from consumers by pitting their patience against their wallet.

Around the Network
Phoenix20 said:

Lot of time spent on dating apps and keeping notes on all matches and dates. $80 average is expensive for a date. Most dates looked nothing like their pictures. Dating apps can be an expensive hobby. 

Depends on the city they live in. In Oslo, you'd only get away with 80 USD if you split the price and Britished on the tips.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Well, I do seem to be having more luck than usual; in 5 days I've managed to match and start conversations with two women.

This is the hard part though, I have absolutely no idea how to talk to women, like what am I even supposed to say?

curl-6 said:

Well, I do seem to be having more luck than usual; in 5 days I've managed to match and start conversations with two women.

This is the hard part though, I have absolutely no idea how to talk to women, like what am I even supposed to say?

Nothing, you just need a good profile (pics) and text that gets their attention. Second or third message should be a general "do you have plans for the week/end?" or "I am interested seeing you irl". Next message should be more specific with date and time. This will weed out time wasters as well. Most guys get a 5:1 match to irl date ratio.

numberwang said:
curl-6 said:

Nothing, you just need a good profile (pics) and text that gets their attention. Second or third message should be a general "do you have plans for the week/end?" or "I am interested seeing you irl". Next message should be more specific with date and time. This will weed out time wasters as well. Most guys get a 5:1 match to irl date ratio.

One date every five matches? Is that some kind of sorcery? Most women don't even reply to my first message.

It's a lot easier with men, but I don't dare to look for men while being in my hometown, honestly.

OT, it's not worth it, in my opinion and personal experience. You basically have the full functionality for free, and I don't know how much of a difference paying would make. Besides, of all the apps I've tried, this is the one that's given me the worst results: one date in three-four years of almost daily use, while in other apps I can get a date within a few weeks. The only cons of these other apps is that there aren't many people using them, so I can basically check every single profile that could interest me in a matter of days and then there's nothing else to do.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

NO, Tinder is such a waste of time and effort, don't make it a waste of money too

Last edited by dark_gh0st_b0y - on 05 January 2021

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^