By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual PC Secret Santa Event

Lined up a few games for my Tiny Tim, Should be going out later today or tomorrow!

Around the Network
JEMC said:
I don't really know why some publishers do this. It's stupid.

I don't know if it might have something to do with the sales currently in place. A game might be discounted in NA but not Europe and Steam wants to prevent people from region hopping to get deals. Just a theory since the message says "due to regional price differences" my guess is that at full price it would have been possible to send the same game.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
JEMC said:
I don't really know why some publishers do this. It's stupid.

I don't know if it might have something to do with the sales currently in place. A game might be discounted in NA but not Europe and Steam wants to prevent people from region hopping to get deals. Just a theory since the message says "due to regional price differences" my guess is that at full price it would have been possible to send the same game.

This region blocking started a few years ago because games are a lot cheaper in countries like Russia and other Eastern countries, and people bought games from there and "gifted" to people in other countries in exchange of in-game items or other things that were a lot more expensive, but still cheaper than the games in those countries.

They simply did it to block that grey market.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I also want to thank my Secret Santa very much! I love that selection. You are awesome!

I still have some Steam keys to gift, so don't be surprised if you get some via Steam chat

Around the Network

Very big thanks to my Secret Santa for those awesome gifts this year. You rock!

Thank you to my Secret Santa! I'm always so grateful to see the generosity from our little community.

Conina said:
I still have some Steam keys to gift, so don't be surprised if you get some via Steam chat

Thank you Conina! You're always so generous!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Ok, Christmas has passed (I hope you all had a great day), and I want to make sure that everything is alright and that Santa has come to visit you all.

There are three Tiny Tims that haven't left a comment regarding their Secret Santa. I don't know if that's because he hasn't visited them yet (there are too many flights this time of the year and maybe he's been stuck in an air traffic jam) or because they're too busy enjoying their gifts.

Could @forest-spirit , @Rhonin the wizard and @WoodenPints come by and leave a comment, please?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I received my gifts, Thanks for another great event!

Great! I'm happy for you.