By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - UT3 on Xbox 360 adds five 'exclusive' maps

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/17/ut3-on-xbox-360-adds-five-exclusive-maps/

UT3 on Xbox 360 adds five 'exclusive' maps

There's still no release date for Unreal Tournament 3 on Xbox 360, but there are some details now on what makes the 360's iteration different from PC and PS3. IGN reports that the Xbox 360 version of UT3 will have five new "exclusive" maps, two new characters and includes two-player splitscreen. It will also contain the free maps available as DLC for the PS3 and PC versions of the game.

Jeff Morris, senior producer at Epic, tells the site he believes UT3 will be a reprieve for those with "tactical shooter fatigue." He stands by the game being an "unabashedly twitch" title. We're expecting more details (maybe even a release date) on the Xbox 360 verison of UT3 sometime tomorrow.

Around the Network

Well thats all fine and dandy, but unless they get mods, the PS3 currently has like... 100+ PC and PS3 "exclusive" stages xD

Awesome with the split-screen though for sure ;) Such a bummer about the PS3 version ^^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Epic, I hope whatever moneyhat Sony gave you was worth it. Somehow looking at sales I doubt it.

Legend what are you trolling about this time? I thought it was common knowledge that Epic chose to release the ps3 version first because the ps3 had an open user type online and didnt have the biggest fps ever (halo3) coming out for it that holiday.

OT: A mod will be released with all of these maps plus more within days of the 360 versions releases.

dabaus513 said:
Legend what are you trolling about this time? I thought it was common knowledge that Epic chose to release the ps3 version first because the ps3 had an open user type online and didnt have the biggest fps ever (halo3) coming out for it that holiday.

OT: A mod will be released with all of these maps plus more within days of the 360 versions releases.

Are you releasing the mod yourself?  If not then I guess we now know how credible your posts are.

Around the Network

The inclusion of spiltscreen multi is pretty huge.

I'm not sure which is better though, mods or splitscreen???

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Damn....they get splitscreen multiplayer. I am jealous of that. But as for new characters and mods...I laugh at them calling it "exclusive" seeing how a PC user will eventually make a mod, and put it out for the PS3

No im not but your kidding yourself if think some one isnt going to make these maps available for the ps3, for crying out loud we have a level made of legos.

BMaker11 said:
Damn....they get splitscreen multiplayer. I am jealous of that. But as for new characters and mods...I laugh at them calling it "exclusive" seeing how a PC user will eventually make a mod, and put it out for the PS3

Yeah well dont tell legend that, lest your posts be considered "uncredible."

Big deal, while they play with some random new UT race in a new normal map , i play with master chief in a city made of legos, in third person if i want :)

And i guess a mod to make split screen available on ps3 is possible.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"