By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - UT3 on Xbox 360 adds five 'exclusive' maps

Yeah I hate to sound like a fanboy, but I have a feeling it's very true Legend :( I'm not positive that the PS3 version will ever get split-screen, but these maps will be out in almost no time :/ Thats if they're better than the 100+ and growing daily other user created stages :x Mods make Unreal the game it is...

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
Flow said:
Big deal, while they play with some random new UT race in a new normal map , i play with master chief in a city made of legos, in third person if i want :)

And i guess a mod to make split screen available on ps3 is possible.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

As far as I see it, if Unreal 360 = 0.4 PS3 sales, already justified. If Unreal 360 >= 0.64m then it goes above the attach ratio of the hardware, so it was a really good idea. Will the 360 version reach 0.64m? I guess we will see.

So that's a no on mods right?

If anyone wanted to, they could mod the 'exclusive' maps on the PS3.

I think if Gears of war only costs 11 million to make, I have a feeling Epic already got they're money long back with the PC and PS3 versions xD I'm sure they already have no panic returns. Disappointing sales for sure, but I'm pretty sure they got there money back.

Around the Network
EaglesEye379 said:
As far as I see it, if Unreal 360 = 0.4 PS3 sales, already justified. If Unreal 360 >= 0.64m then it goes above the attach ratio of the hardware, so it was a really good idea. Will the 360 version reach 0.64m? I guess we will see.

The attach rate of an individual game typically goes down the larger the installed base of a console.  That's why there are no games on the PS2 that have even close to the attach rate that Halo had with the original Xbox.  For you to expect the 360 version of games to have a similar individual game attach rate to the PS3 is probably a testament to how amazing game attachment rates have been on many 360 games.  It's laughable though that you expect it even for a game that is released over a half a year later than other versions.

@Legend, well it IS a first person shooter, and I don't mean to steriotype the console, but it will cater much better to an American/Xbox Live type audience. I expect it to do a bit better than the PS3 version :) But that is a serious drag if it doesn't get mods :x

I guess it just matters what genre and game type it is. The 360's attach rates for JRpg's isn't doing too well atm :( 

I think it will sell well on 360.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

True but it has a lot more competition than the PS3 version ever faced. It's going up against Call of Duty 4 which they'll have to now fight to get users from, same with Halo 3, Quake Wars is coming, Grand Theft Auto 4 is supposed to have a pretty good multiplayer, Vegas 2 is turning out to be popular, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway and Battlefield: Bad Company are slated to come out before UT3. Add to that the fact UT3 is 6 months or more later than other versions and it's hard to believe some people expect it to match the game's attach rate on the PS3.

ckmlb said:
I think it will sell well on 360.

i think so too, and i might as well get it