By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - UT3 on Xbox 360 adds five 'exclusive' maps

Yeah but competition is never all that much of a difficulty to face. Many people will still buy it, maybe not play it as much, but buy it for sure. I ADORE action games and shooters, and I've picked up a few on the PS3, but at the end of the week, Warhawk is still the one I crawl back to :) The audience just seems much better suited for unreal style play. ESP after the success of gears of war, through recognition alone it could sell plenty.

I just find it kind of sad that they'll have to advertise it as from the makers of Gears of war xD and show that dude who looks like Fennix :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Epic doesn’t care that much about sales of UT3 on the PS3/PC/360. It’s mostly a commercial for what there engine can do, so they can license it to game developers. It’s what all the UT’s have been.

As for the maps, that’s a joke. If MS won’t allow mods, they fail. The split screen is cool though.

Epic should have released this at the same time as the ps3 version. I don't expect unreal 3 on the 360 to be that successful.

Noticed a map pack on PSN yesterday, got it for free

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys

Anyway this is good news for 360 users. Releasing UT 3 at the same time of Halo 3 would of been a mistake by Epic because UT 3 would of been overlooked.

Around the Network

I still thinks thats bullocks. Timed exclusivity kills the second releases sales. Look at virtua fighter?

Sure it would have had to compete with games such as bioshock, halo3 and cod 4. But I still think it would have sold better had it been released then. Conversely if it does sell really well when its released I'll accept it was the right decision :P

Well as long as they push the game in a 360 downtime they'll be fine :P Gamers eat up a massive title when they're scrambling for something new ^_^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

If the game hasn't got mods then lol....

I admit I have been spoilt by current attach ratios of 360 games. It will be have to as popular as Burnout Paradise to sell at that level. I guess I thought it was going to get a boost from multilplayer-centric 360 owners and we know theres alot of them, not to mention Epic fans as well?