Tagged games:

How many Pokemon Should Exist Total

Less than 1,000 5 20.00%

1,001 is the perfect number 2 8.00%

More than 1,001 1 4.00%

They should never stop ma... 14 56.00%

See Results 3 12.00%

Total:25

In my opinion Game Freak should stop creating new creatures in Pokemon once they reach the number 1,001. The reason for this is that there are just too many to keep track of and figure how they interact with all the other Pokemon. Going forward it would be hard, if not impossible to include that many specialized characters in any particular game. They should focus on coming up with new ideas on how to present the Pokemon, give them new abilities, mix Pokemon from different generations and so forth.

They absolutely should continue to make new Pokemon games as long as people are interested but more than 1,000 is overkill. I know the original 151 pretty well, and then from there it is hard to distinguish or remember later Pokemon.

What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

People will always want new Pokemon though.

Yeah, but that would require actual work and creativity.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

As long as there are still making new Pokemon games, there's no reason not to keep making new pokemon.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Based on how much I'm enjoying the designs of this gen (probably my favorite since Diamon/Pearl, perhaps even Silver/Gold) I don't want them to stop. I do want them to stop having old Pokemon and just have the games focus on Sw/Sh and all it's sequels Pokemon. Call it a new era. The HD era of Pokemon. Let's start fresh. I don't even want the gen 1's in here. Then, in the nxt like 5 generations or so, we can have a massive crossover game that has them all in it (not a mainline Pokemon game).

Around the Network

It shouldnt matter if its 1000 or 2000, what they should be doing is promoting players to build the strongest possible team and not "catching 'em all". Silver was right all along.

Jpcc86 said:
It shouldnt matter if its 1000 or 2000, what they should be doing is promoting players to build the strongest possible team and not "catching 'em all". Silver was right all along.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I think they should have stopped adding after 2nd gen imo.

doesn't matter how many they add, the best will always be the first 150.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Seems that this time they added less new pokemon. At same time, last gens brought ideas like regional forms of old pokemon. Some of the new pokemon are different evolution of regional forms of old pokemon
So they are kinda going in this direction.
Well, they will always need a starter trio, legendaries to ilustrate the game, and some variation of new pokemon to fill the world. add like 50 every gen, and space new gens every 4 year instead of 3.