Tagged games:

How many Pokemon Should Exist Total

Less than 1,000 5 20.00%

1,001 is the perfect number 2 8.00%

More than 1,001 1 4.00%

They should never stop ma... 14 56.00%

See Results 3 12.00%

Total:25

Well, the way I see it is that people will always want to see new Pokemon in the games. That's the lifeblood of the series. I think we're at the point where creating these games will become more sustainable as Gamefreak begins the process of translating all of the previous Pokemon to a format that's future proof in terms of 3D Models and Animations. Pokemon is a modular series in terms of how the games are coded. I would imagine, a lot of code is shared and just altered per Pokemon. So, including the Pokemon in future games isn't really an issue.

I get what you're saying about getting lost with all the Pokemon but I don't think Pokemon is a series where you have to remember all of the Pokemon. Just remember the ones you like. I know most of Gen 1-3 Pokemon by heart but starting with Gen 4 I only know a select few. But the ones that I keep in mind may not be the same ones that others do, and that's what makes Pokemon special I guess. The series is going through some growing pains right now but it'll eventually get things right...I hope.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
doesn't matter how many they add, the best will always be the first 150 151.

Fixed.  You can't say "the best" and not include Mew, cause without it there wouldn't be Mewtwo >_>

It's like with Yugioh. Everything after the first gen is trash and forgotten quickly.

Would be hard for them to keep making creative Pokemon like icecreampie, chandeliery,shoethingy and rock.

Improving interactions and animations on a "small" amount of pokes would be the better focus imo.

Ka-pi96 said:
Why? No offence, but your reasoning is dogshit. You pull an arbitrary number out of your arse and say there should be no more than that because you couldn't keep track of any more? What about people who could keep track of 10,000? What of those that can only keep track of 10? Fuck those people because they're not you, right? Sorry, but that's just bullshit.

While I will agree with the basic idea of quality > quantity, they're both purely subjective and you have no right to determine how much quantity is too much, or even that there's a single quality Pokemon among the existing ones that would preclude the need for more in the first place.

Whoa, buddy. Your response was a bit over an overkill with the vulgarities.

Around the Network

My main drive for getting new Pokemon games is the fact that I'll get to see new creatures, that was the most exciting thing about Black/White for me, where they made it so you could only catch new ones during the main game.

If they stopped making new Pokemon I would be really disappointed, there are always cool new designs and type match ups to explore, even fix older designs with regional variations.

And of course there will be hit or misses, even the nostalgia fest that is Gen 1 has shit and forgettable designs, getting new favorites, new Pokemon you won't like, that is part of the core of the series for me.

there really ought to be a culling. too many pokemon most of them total dog shit.

I just really remember the first 151 and them maybe another 100 total.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."