By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will YouTube's new rules kill its Nintendo content?

I am more worry of animation and anime content especially anime reaction chanel.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Yeah, most content should be fine unless you are specifically going for that audience. Still, this seems kind of ridiculous.

Problem is that youtube uses AI software to determine what videos are for children or not and allready a big amount of channels have lost their monitization because of this,too many creators that make vids for all ages to watch can be struck by this and even using some words like "cool" or "fun" can make a bot think it is for kids.

I feel really bad for the people that depend on youtube to be able to pay their bills and are suddenly struck by this.

Immersiveunreality said:
sundin13 said:
Yeah, most content should be fine unless you are specifically going for that audience. Still, this seems kind of ridiculous.

Problem is that youtube uses AI software to determine what videos are for children or not and allready a big amount of channels have lost their monitization because of this,too many creators that make vids for all ages to watch can be struck by this and even using some words like "cool" or "fun" can make a bot think it is for kids.

I feel really bad for the people that depend on youtube to be able to pay their bills and are suddenly struck by this.

While I also don't particularly trust Youtube's algorithms, it doesn't seem that Youtube is doing anything to factor this into their algorithms (or at least isn't using algorithmic means as their main way of designation). I may be wrong, but it seems like Youtube has provided the tools to let creators self identify whether their content is targeted towards children and the creator is directly liable for mischaracterization of their videos.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9528076?hl=en

"As a creator, you know your videos and your audience best, and it is your legal responsibility to comply with COPPA and/or other applicable laws and designate your content accurately."

S.Peelman said:
No biggie. A Youtube should just throw in the F word somewhere and it's fine.

Ba-by shark, fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck, baby shark, fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck, baby shark, fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck, baby shark.

John2290 said:
Leynos said:
Isn't it only if you mark it strictly for kids? Just say it's for everyone.

And then be fined massively by the US government. 

Well, their E3 Direct had an uncensored F-Bomb in it. Travis Touchdown says Fucky. Just have more F-bombs in their directs. "Buy our fucking games and this other shit we have to show!"

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
vivster said:
Watch Jim Sterling's video on this. There isn't even a remote chance that the FTC will act against a channel that is not exclusively for children and deliberately pretending to not be. That is if they have the time to act at all. The FTC is no danger at all here.

The only issue is youtube's shitty algorithm for flagging kids content which could lead to demonetization for certain videos, but that's nothing new. I mean it's hilarious that you bring it up in context of Nintendo because Nintendo itself is at the forefront of unjustly demonetizing videos of people. Nintendo is literally a bigger threat to creators than the FTC.

Except Nintendo has already removed its old YouTube Partnership Program and aheres to the usual policies that other companies are adhering to.

SanAndreasX said:
S.Peelman said:
No biggie. A Youtube should just throw in the F word somewhere and it's fine.

Ba-by shark, fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck, baby shark, fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck, baby shark, fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck, baby shark.

You know what will happen , there will be headlines reading, Beastiality runs riot on Youtube followed by "Youtube algorithm uncovers pedophile ring involved in grooming baby sharks for sex". btw please click the like button or subscribe.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Kai_Mao said:
vivster said:
Watch Jim Sterling's video on this. There isn't even a remote chance that the FTC will act against a channel that is not exclusively for children and deliberately pretending to not be. That is if they have the time to act at all. The FTC is no danger at all here.

The only issue is youtube's shitty algorithm for flagging kids content which could lead to demonetization for certain videos, but that's nothing new. I mean it's hilarious that you bring it up in context of Nintendo because Nintendo itself is at the forefront of unjustly demonetizing videos of people. Nintendo is literally a bigger threat to creators than the FTC.

Except Nintendo has already removed its old YouTube Partnership Program and aheres to the usual policies that other companies are adhering to.

I have a hard time believing that they comply with free use all of a sudden. Seems like that would've been big news. The policies that other companies adhere to also ignore free use on a regular basis, because they all use youtube's automatic copyright detection tool.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I doubt that we are going to see the FTC using this as an excuse to demonetize legit non-kid content. But maybe if you are in a super grey are@ like playing exclusively cute video games with no commentary, hmmm.

I don't care much about YT and the channels over there. But to limit ads on children oriented content by censorship enforcing is a no-no for me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."