By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Breath of the EVERWILD

The's a problem here and that is that it became clear when MS bought Rare that Nintendo was holding the latter's hand in the development of their games this is why since they were bought they've not repeated the same feats and why MS put them on other kinds of projects instead, the trailer looks interesting but now days anyone can do a good trailer so more has to be seen before we get carried away.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
The game looks good but if it is another online service type of game like sea of thieves, I am out.

For all our sakes I hope they don't opt for another always online Multiplayer game. I also don't believe they will do it because they already have Sea of Thieves which has so much support and popularity, I feel it wont suit there business model if they were to release another always online service game. I wouldn't put it past Rare to include a online Multiplayer mode in this type of game as it looks like you have companions that follow you around the land and I see a Multiplayer option to jump in and take control of one of those followers.

I always hoped Nintendo would make a co-op BOTW game and I hope this game delivers on that.

Anyway, its all speculation. No one knows what type of game this really is, I only created this thread to showcase the similarities between the two from what we have seen so far and I wont lie and say I am not hyped to learn more about this game in the coming future.

I really don't understand this way of showing off a game.
What am I supposed to be hyped about? Because that deer-like thing looks cute?
That trailer literally explains nothing about the game.

Does not look bad. But no gameplay was really shown to say that. This could be another death stranding and do nothing but look at animals.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I appreciate the optimism, and I agree that Rare could consistently match (and even surpass) Nintendo's best efforts between 1994 and 2000.

But that was 19 years ago. The company that turned out Donkey Kong Country, Banjo-Kazooie, and Perfect Dark no longer exists.

Agree. For the last decade Rare has only made a bunch of Kinect games and Sea of Thieves.  

Around the Network

Rare used to be one of my favorite developers but I don't even follow them anymore. When was the last time they made a truly great game? 20 years ago? Heck they haven't (IMHO) made a good game in 10 years. Rare has been bust for a very long time.

Yeah the game is looking so bad like Zelda BoTW, i hope it doesn`t sell well, it seems to be the worst Xbox Game this Generation. I mean who is buying a Xbox for that s***.

goopy20 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I appreciate the optimism, and I agree that Rare could consistently match (and even surpass) Nintendo's best efforts between 1994 and 2000.

But that was 19 years ago. The company that turned out Donkey Kong Country, Banjo-Kazooie, and Perfect Dark no longer exists.

Agree. For the last decade Rare has only made a bunch of Kinect games and Sea of Thieves.  

So Rare are doomed to never make or try to make a masterpiece game? This looks like they are trying so lets see what they got.

Jigsawx1 said:

Yeah the game is looking so bad like Zelda BoTW, i hope it doesn`t sell well, it seems to be the worst Xbox Game this Generation. I mean who is buying a Xbox for that s***.

Care to explain more in detail?

Jigsawx1 said:

What was shown was basically a tech demo. I don't think we can make any assumptions beyond the aesthetics. Might be a great BOTW style open world title.

Too early to say if its the kind of game people would buy and Xbox for. Personally I am looking for a Horizon Zero Dawn competitor.