By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Breath of the EVERWILD

So is Rare back at it, with doing what Nintendo does and improving on the basis?

Rare has had a rich history and is one of the only companies that could pull off Nintendo titles into there own and succeed them.

Rare did it with Mario 64 and went on to make Banjo Kazooie what many considered the better game and they also went on to make Diddy Kong Racing after Mario Kart 64 which many will agree was a better game. One of Rare's greatest achievements was Donkey Kong Country taking over the 2D Platformer which was held by Mario Bros.

And Now could there latest title challenge again?

Zelda BOTW > Everwild

Could Everwild be a BOTW? I highly doubt any game can achieve more than what BOTW did however looking at both trailers, it seems Rare has taken alot of influence from Zelda's latest game and might make one of there very own.

They approach similar art-styles

The land looks and feels similar (Open Air World?)

And to top it off, they both have Wild in there names. (This one seems like a small hint)

Here is hoping Everwild is the sort of game we expect and with what I saw.. I saw a BOTW game in the making.. maybe. The clues and hints are all there but we just don't know enough yet. 

This is the type of Rare I miss, seeing them back to do what they use to do best. Hype is big on this one for me and I love what i have seen so far. I am also a huge Zelda fan and loved BOTW which is what I consider the best Zelda game ever made. Yes Rare has a different team leading today however if anyone can do a Nintendo its Rare.

Lets see if they have got what it takes, lets see what happens.

Around the Network

Microsoft needs and exclusive open-world game badly. They sort of let the Fable series die down. By the way Banjo wasn't better than Mario 64, it just looked better. This game is interesting, we shall if it worthy of standing along side BotW or the other open world games that are around.

I think the same about the game.
A open world game with relaxing exploration, and passive multiplayer similar to ASHEN.
I hope we see some gameplay soon.

Sorry for my bad english.

SammyGiireal said:
Microsoft needs and exclusive open-world game badly. They sort of let the Fable series die down. By the way Banjo wasn't better than Mario 64, it just looked better. This game is interesting, we shall if it worthy of standing along side BotW or the other open world games that are around.

Mario 64 is a masterpiece, however on a tech level and game design, I actually preferred Banjo Kazooie. We can argue that Banjo did come years later which in turn means better engines and game design etc. 

I personally grade Banjo higher than Mario 64. I think what made me love Mario 64 is that it was the first 3D game done right and to me it will always be held high. Banjo just added on and pushed the 3D platformer genre even further ahead. It will be a battle of the ages between which was better Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie, I am sure many out there agree and disagree. They are both masterpieces at the same thing.

Yeah I agree Xbox need a openworld RPG game. Sony have Horizon Zero Dawn and Nintendo have Zelda and Xenoblade Chronicles. Everwild seems to focus on being that Xbox Zelda style game while Fable is rumoured to be made by Playground Games which will cover the more heavy RPG styled openworld games if the rumours are true of course.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 15 November 2019

Here's hoping Rareware does an awesome job on it.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
SammyGiireal said:

Mario 64 is a masterpiece, however on a tech level and game design, I actually preferred Banjo Kazooie. We can argue that Banjo did come years later which in turn means better engines and game design etc. 

I personally grade Banjo higher than Mario 64. I think what made me love Mario 64 is that it was the first 3D game done right and to me it will always be held high. Banjo just added on and pushed the 3D platformer genre even further ahead. It will be a battle of the ages between which was better Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie, I am sure many out there agree and disagree. They are both masterpieces at the same thing.

Yeah I agree Xbox need a openworld RPG game. Sony have Horizon Zero Dawn and Nintendo have Zelda and Xenoblade Chronicles. Everwild seems to focus on being that Xbox Zelda style game while Fable is rumoured to be made by Playground Games which will cover the more heavy RPG styled openworld games if the rumours are true of course.

We will agree to disagree on Mario vs Banjo. I always preferred the tighter Mario 64 controls and platforming. We will agree on everything else. It was strange that in this the golden era of open world games Microsoft was left in the cold, lacking an exclusive title to compete and against Zelda and HZD. I guess they aim to fix that.

just by looks it did have that fable vibe, i need more intel tho

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I'll try to look at the...Trailer?....later on today. Looks neat from the pics. I'm with Sammy on the Banjo/Mario thing. I immensely preferred Mario 64. I also prefer Mario Kart to Diddy. TBH the only Rare stuff I really liked on the N64 was Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, ( both of which I loved ), and to a lesser extent, Conker. Was pretty lukewarm on everything else. And DK 64 was more boring than church.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I appreciate the optimism, and I agree that Rare could consistently match (and even surpass) Nintendo's best efforts between 1994 and 2000.

But that was 19 years ago. The company that turned out Donkey Kong Country, Banjo-Kazooie, and Perfect Dark no longer exists.

Old Rare? Maybe

This Rare? No way in hell