Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sword/Shield Official Metacritic Score/Review Thread. (80)

Tagged games:

Where will Pokemon Sword/Shield metacritic be?

Between 0-50. 2 2.44%
 
Between 51-70. 2 2.44%
 
Between 71-79. 13 15.85%
 
Between 80 6 7.32%
 
Between 81-82 20 24.39%
 
Between 83-84 21 25.61%
 
Between 85-86 10 12.20%
 
Between 87-88 4 4.88%
 
Between 89-90 0 0.00%
 
Above 90. 4 4.88%
 
Total:82
         

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by Machina **

 

Where will Pokemon Sword/Shield metacritic be?

Between 0-50. 0 $0.00 0.00%
 
Between 51-70. 0 $0.00 0.00%
 
Between 71-79. 4 $1,150.00 15.38%
 
Between 80 1 $1,000.00 3.85%
 
Between 81-82 9 $5,080.00 34.62%
 
Between 83-84 7 $2,470.00 26.92%
 
Between 85-86 1 $0.00 3.85%
 
Between 87-88 3 $160.00 11.54%
 
Between 89-90 0 $0.00 0.00%
 
Above 90. 1 $100.00 3.85%
 
 
Totals: 26 $9,960.00  
Game closed: 12/31/2019
BraLoD said:
Jumpin said:

When I indicated that you got the irony, I was being sarcastic. It's clear it went over your head.

You said that you were enraged in your last post. I know you claimed it was other people, but then you went on with this lengthy defence argument. Do you expect me to believe you were not speaking for yourself?

I honestly don't care about what you believe of not, but you just admited you know I was not talking about myself, even if you don't believe it, which is completely out of the point here. So heh...

Well, how would this argument continue indefinitely if I admitted to such a thing?



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Based on what? I can tell you as a Sonic fan as well I was massively disappointed with Sonic 06 and Boom, but still less than I am with this game because Sw/Sh is the start of a trend that'll affect all future games negatively.

That line of reasoning makes sense for an outraged fan.

I never said I wasn't upset, though I wouldn't say outraged. Are you gonna answer the question? I know you're just being difficult on purpose, but I am curious how you decided between calling it massively disappointing or only mildly so. Mild disappointment is what I'd call the 3DS games.



BraLoD said:

Yes I called the fact absurd, with zero outraging, I never lost composure in any part of that, that's basic.

And the rest you are trying to put words in my mouth, you can think whatever you like, just don't say I'm doing stuff I didn't.

Whatever you may take of my post is your opinion, and you are free to have it.

Just some few points, the one using of false equivalence here is you, saying I may be attacking Nintendo/Pokemon fans at large when neither were ever mentioned and the scale used in my point was "some" which is indirectly proportional to "at large" as you choose to use.

Also when you mentioned I somehow (supposedly) said nobody stuck for other games when I mentioned the situation happened with Bethesda in that same post in the very next line, that became part of the quote you choose to omit with (...) when copying past my post to make a quotation.

Anyway, again, you may think what you feel like about my post, but do it based on what is said, not your personal reading extrapolations.

That's not a false equivalence because there was no conclusive statement. It was one of a few options why you made a false equivalence and you were welcome to explain why you made that false equivalence. Apparently you forgot to post such an explanation.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
RolStoppable said:

That line of reasoning makes sense for an outraged fan.

I never said I wasn't upset, though I wouldn't say outraged. Are you gonna answer the question? I know you're just being difficult on purpose, but I am curious how you decided between calling it massively disappointing or only mildly so. Mild disappointment is what I'd call the 3DS games.

Based on review scores as well as fan reception. Sonic 06, Sonic Boom and Fallout 76 are all sequels/sidegames that got pretty much universally panned by critics and fans alike. That's not the case for Sword/Shield, whether it concerns reviewers or fans.

That's the difference between the two of us. You only consider your own personal judgment, but I look at a large number of opinions. You can say for yourself that Sword/Shield is a bigger disappointment than Sonic 06 was, but that's not an opinion that is representative of the majority.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

No wonder GF doesnt stop being lazy in making their games, since they've got a defense force waiting to defend every boneheaded decision they take.

Please, Nintendo, intervene and seize the franchise from game freak in some way. Pokémon deserves better.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
RolStoppable said:

Here's your post again:

You called it absurd that people defend Pokémon when (supposedly) nobody stuck up for the games you mentioned in the preceding sentence. It's a blatantly obvious false equivalence because the magnitude of falling short of expectations is massive between Pokémon and the other games that were mentioned.

Granted, outrage is not the only explanation for such an error, so maybe I jumped the gun with my conclusion. It could also be that you don't know enough about the situation at hand to provide an informed summary of the situation which makes it easy to mistake you for someone who is outraged. Or you are using this situation as an opportunity to launch an attack at Pokémon fans/Nintendo fans at large, implying that they are mindless sheep. Or maybe you have an entirely different explanation for your false equivalence.

But regardless of the why, it's a false equivalence that makes it a post that isn't well-reasoned because it builds on the false premise that Sword/Shield is a massive disappointment instead of the mild disappointment that it actually is. The outrage you attempted to justify isn't justified.

Based on what? I can tell you as a Sonic fan as well I was massively disappointed with Sonic 06 and Boom, but still less than I am with this game because Sw/Sh is the start of a trend that'll affect all future games negatively.

You can't possibly have been a Sonic fan and be more disappointed about Sw/Sh than you were about Sonic 06. Either that or you forgot.

Here is a true sonic fan talking about his experience with Sonic 06.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfZTY1Cjt20

Let me tell you, even if I haven't played Sw/Sh, nothing in the videos I'm seeing (even the one above that points out its bugs) resembles this. :(

Regarding this thread, I see that some people equate defending exaggerated criticism of the game with blind defense.

At the same time, I see reasonable posts showing that attacks are unreasonable and out of proportion.

I invite everyone to keep a good dose of discernment when looking at all sides.



Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
No wonder GF doesnt stop being lazy in making their games, since they've got a defense force waiting to defend every boneheaded decision they take.

Please, Nintendo, intervene and seize the franchise from game freak in some way. Pokémon deserves better.

Most of us (maybe even all, I haven't scanned much of this thread) aren't defending them so much as pointing out the absurdity (and humour) of the outrage.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

BraLoD said:
JWeinCom said:

If anyone is enraged, then that person needs anger management classes.

Even if we grant that Gamefreak lied, and even if we assume it was done with particular malice, there is still no reason to be enraged, because the lie did not in any way negatively impact you.  The game was available for all to see well before release, and relevant facts detailed. By the time the game came out, they had ample opportunity to see what the game was like. If you think it's a low quality product, then the appropriate response is to not purchase it.  If you feel like you need to explain why you don't want to buy it, then I'm not going to tell you how you should spend your time.

But to be mad is to imply that Gamefreak somehow cheated you out of something.  That they had some duty to you that they did not properly fill.  In other words, that you were entitled to something.  

I'm not purchasing it, that doesn't affect me, don't worry.

But yeah, when a company lies to consumers they have the right to be enraged because it may actually be affecting them, if people did actually believe what they said despite what they saw in the trailers they have the right to be mad.

GameFreak doesn't owe anyone anything, but people also doesn't owe GameFreak anything either.

People should be free to call out everything they are unhappy about a product, and they are doing so, that's it.

I specifically said that people can explain the reasons why they don't like a particular product. There's a difference between calling something out, and being enraged.

And why would anyone have any reason to be enraged?  If people believed what was said despite the trailers and all the footage that was put out of the game, then those people are simply stupid.  This is not a case like others where developers intentionally hid flaws, showed games running on other hardware, used pre-rendered videos instead of actual footage, or anything of the sort.  There were many hours of gameplay footage revealed before the game came out, the review embargo was lifted several days before the game came out. 

Even if Game Freak lied in an interview, you have to look at the sum total of all the information given about the game.  Say I told a woman that she should marry me because I'm rich.  I'm actually broke.  Right after I propose the marriage I give her a completely accurate, detailed, and easy to understand history of my finances, before she has any obligation to take any action.  She marries me anyway.  Is it rational for her to then be enraged because she was tricked into marrying me? Even if she doesn't marry me, should she be enraged because of the lie? Was there actually any deception if she was given all the information she needed to make an informed decision?

To repeat and clarify, I believe to be enraged, someone has to have done something that in some way causes legitimate harm to another.  What legitimate harm has been done by Game Freak that would entitle anyone to be enraged, or even just garden variety angry?



Really enjoying it, haven't stopped playing since I got it.



RolStoppable said:

Based on review scores as well as fan reception. Sonic 06, Sonic Boom and Fallout 76 are all sequels/sidegames that got pretty much universally panned by critics and fans alike. That's not the case for Sword/Shield, whether it concerns reviewers or fans.

That's the difference between the two of us. You only consider your own personal judgment, but I look at a large number of opinions. You can say for yourself that Sword/Shield is a bigger disappointment than Sonic 06 was, but that's not an opinion that is representative of the majority.

So popular opinion, I guess that's a fair enough.

Well of course, I'm not so full of myself that I would try to speak for thousands of others, nor do I judge things based on popular opinion.

padib said:

You can't possibly have been a Sonic fan and be more disappointed about Sw/Sh than you were about Sonic 06. Either that or you forgot.

Here is a true sonic fan talking about his experience with Sonic 06.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfZTY1Cjt20

Let me tell you, even if I haven't played Sw/Sh, nothing in the videos I'm seeing (even the one above that points out its bugs) resembles this. :(

Regarding this thread, I see that some people equate defending exaggerated criticism of the game with blind defense.

At the same time, I see reasonable posts showing that attacks are unreasonable and out of proportion.

I invite everyone to keep a good dose of discernment when looking at all sides.

Both Sonic 06 and Sw/Sh are in a state that makes them unplayable to me, but Sw/Sh means future games will be like it, whereas that wasn't the case with 06. That's my opinion, if that makes me not a true Sonic fan to you, lol whatever.



zippy said:
Really enjoying it, haven't stopped playing since I got it.

Oh really?  Then how exactly did you post this?  YOU LIAR!!!