By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

13 - Dynasty Tactics?

18 - Wizardry 8?

15. This is one of the Etrian Odyssey games, but which one?  EO3?

13 - Breath of the Wild

#18: Nope, far away. Wizardry VIII released 2001, only nine years after VII, so about ten years short of my hint. Maybe you look with that general mindset on some of the other hinted games.

#15: No, but kinda close.

#13: Yes, this hint was kinda obvious, wasn't it? I had no better idea. But another point for you.

15. Persona Q

14. Wizardry 8

Around the Network

Hints for my next couple of games.

12.  I waited 25 years for this Switch game to be released.  It comes from a series I used to really love, but I didn't like the direction the series took for about 25 years.

11.  This is a one-of-a-kind RPG from a classic PC RPG series.  I actually played an NES port though.  The only modern game that is even remotely like it is Octopath Traveler.  But really, it was a one-on-a-kind RPG in it's day (and popular), and it still hasn't really been emulated since.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:

#18: Nope, far away. Wizardry VIII released 2001, only nine years after VII, so about ten years short of my hint. Maybe you look with that general mindset on some of the other hinted games.

#15: No, but kinda close.

#13: Yes, this hint was kinda obvious, wasn't it? I had no better idea. But another point for you.

15. Persona Q

14. Wizardry 8

#15: Persona Q is right.

#14: This isn't. My updated hint reads: a *spin-off* of an old RPG-series.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Hints for my next couple of games.

12.  I waited 25 years for this Switch game to be released.  It comes from a series I used to really love, but I didn't like the direction the series took for about 25 years.

11.  This is a one-of-a-kind RPG from a classic PC RPG series.  I actually played an NES port though.  The only modern game that is even remotely like it is Octopath Traveler.  But really, it was a one-on-a-kind RPG in it's day (and popular), and it still hasn't really been emulated since.

#12: Breath of the Wild

#11: Ultima III: Exodus

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Everything else has been guessed except this game, so here's a second hint for it.
#13:
-The cycle goes on forever, unless you reject the throne
-Using an Effigy achieves what Humanity and Embers do in the other games

Minecraft (PC)

I found this game a jewel, is those kind of games that are very different and enjoyable. Love this one. PS: it was my first platinum on ps4 LOL

Metal Gear Solid 1 (PS1)

A true classic. This one prove me the potential of the art of making games.

Street fighter II (Arcade)

Another best of the best. Best fighting game ever.

Doom 2016 (Xbox one)

I choose this instead of 1993 not because it is better as such but because it is the one I liked the most, the doom position belongs to a tribute to the series.

Goldeneye 007 (N64)

I spent so much time playing multiplayer in this game that it could easily exceed 200 hours, but we forget that the campaign is equally good.

Around the Network
Darashiva said:
Everything else has been guessed except this game, so here's a second hint for it.
#13:
-The cycle goes on forever, unless you reject the throne
-Using an Effigy achieves what Humanity and Embers do in the other games

That sounds like Crusader Kings but since I've not played it I don't know it it features Effigies.

Signature goes here!

Mnementh said:

Hint update:

a) Sorry to keep you waiting!

b) This line is the first what is said if you start the first level.

c) This line is also to understand as a message from the developers, as the series had no release for nearly 20 years before.

d) Before this game released, the fans waiting for a new entry got treated to a Smash Bros character.

Kid Icarus Uprising?

Quick second hint;

#16: The sound of an instrument in this game was later used in the intro of a game in another franchise.
#16 (Hint 2): It’s a nice soothing sound. But more importantly, this flute warps you to another world.

S.Peelman said:
Mnementh said:

Hint update:

a) Sorry to keep you waiting!

b) This line is the first what is said if you start the first level.

c) This line is also to understand as a message from the developers, as the series had no release for nearly 20 years before.

d) Before this game released, the fans waiting for a new entry got treated to a Smash Bros character.

Kid Icarus Uprising?

Yes, naturally.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

Kid Icarus Uprising?

Yes, naturally.

Took me long enough though lol.