By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Farsala said:
New hints.

24- This country was so strong you had to pick from 1 of 3 houses. Eventually "civil war" happens and you seize control like a certain famous general.

23- You have to run away from this gigantic fire giant, but eventually you will have to face him. Luckily you get enough time zapping people to get strong enough and then you have to make a choice in the end.

22- In this game even walking levels you up. Jumping too. You can choose from many weapons and magics to do whatever you want in this world.

First you had Medival Total War and now;

24: Rome Total War



Around the Network
Farsala said:
New hints.

24- This country was so strong you had to pick from 1 of 3 houses. Eventually "civil war" happens and you seize control like a certain famous general.

23- You have to run away from this gigantic fire giant, but eventually you will have to face him. Luckily you get enough time zapping people to get strong enough and then you have to make a choice in the end.

22- In this game even walking levels you up. Jumping too. You can choose from many weapons and magics to do whatever you want in this world.

22 sounds like an Elder Scrolls game, most of which I haven't played.  Skyrim?



27.- In this last gen take of a popular franchise, Sir Patrick Stewart narrates your descent to madness. 
Hint 2: Kojima Productions was involved in its development

26.- My avatar. 
Hint 2: Third entry of a -once- popular jrpg franchise

25.- Leeeeroy Jenkins.

24.- A ps1 classic RPG where you switch between the main charcater's POV and your "evil" counterpart's POV. 
Hint 2: The main character shares its name with the main character from Street Fighter

23.- This entry in the series come with the added  bonus of replaying the entire region of the 1st game.

22.- The - arguably - more popular entry of the same series as #24, that just recently got announced for the Switch's online shop. 
Hint 2: Your dog friend gets wrongfully accused of a crime

21.- 1994 entry of a popular franchise (arguably the best entry of the series) starring the most badass woman of the galaxy



Jpcc86 said:

27.- In this last gen take of a popular franchise, Sir Patrick Stewart narrates your descent to madness. 
Hint 2: Kojima Productions was involved in its development

26.- My avatar. 
Hint 2: Third entry of a -once- popular jrpg franchise

25.- Leeeeroy Jenkins.

24.- A ps1 classic RPG where you switch between the main charcater's POV and your "evil" counterpart's POV. 
Hint 2: The main character shares its name with the main character from Street Fighter

23.- This entry in the series come with the added  bonus of replaying the entire region of the 1st game.

22.- The - arguably - more popular entry of the same series as #24, that just recently got announced for the Switch's online shop. 
Hint 2: Your dog friend gets wrongfully accused of a crime

21.- 1994 entry of a popular franchise (arguably the best entry of the series) starring the most badass woman of the galaxy

24 - Breath of Fire IV?



Unguessed

After some years of playing SimTower and SimCity 2000 on our Macintosh at home, I was introduced to the successor of the SimCity series by, once again, my aunt. The game looked vastly more advanced than its predecessor, and had much more options to build the city you wanted in the landscape you wanted. My cities at first only had small low rise buildings, but when I looked at one of my aunt's cities, she had big high-rises and wealthy residences. I wanted that as well. So, I got good. I learned the mechanics and the tricks to success inside-out and at one point, I could make the cities I wanted with the neighbourhoods I wanted. If I wanted a wealthy commercial district, I could make it. If I wanted a derelict residential neighbourhood, I knew how it was done. At the end, before moving on to this game's successor, I had made a sprawling city covering most of the map.



Around the Network

I forgot a second hint for that.

#21: Grief.



Farsala said:
New hints.

24- This country was so strong you had to pick from 1 of 3 houses. Eventually "civil war" happens and you seize control like a certain famous general.

23- You have to run away from this gigantic fire giant, but eventually you will have to face him. Luckily you get enough time zapping people to get strong enough and then you have to make a choice in the end.

22- In this game even walking levels you up. Jumping too. You can choose from many weapons and magics to do whatever you want in this world.

23: Infamous 2



My Most Recent Articles:

1. The $70 Lie

2. Video Game Music Spotlight #16: Exploring the World

3. Forgotten Gems #11: Uniracers/Unirally

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)

32

Mass effect 2 (Xbox 360)

Excellent maps, scenarios and characters. This is 90% of what an RPG game must have to be memorable.

31

Jet Grind Radio (Sega DC)

Another surprise game on my list, surprisingly balanced and entertaining af.

30

SoulCalibur (Sega DC)

I just love this one, for me is a perfect fighting game and the best sword fighting game ever.

29

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (GC)

It is a very ingenious game with a compelling story, it scares you very well

28

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Xbox)

Action hack n slash as it finest, great challenge that is appreciated today.

27

Resident Evil 2 remake (PS4)

Doing a remake of a classic it is a hard task, re2 remake makes it perfectly.



Farsala said:
SanAndreasX said:
Next batch of clues:

23. Git gud the first.

22. One of its main characters was voiced by an actor who just passed away yesterday (December 8)

21. You meet the love of your life only to find out you have to murder her and her entire family to save yourself..

23 is Demon's Souls probably. Maybe Dark Souls.

S.Peelman said:
SanAndreasX said:
Next batch of clues:

23. Git gud the first.

22. One of its main characters was voiced by an actor who just passed away yesterday (December 8)

21. You meet the love of your life only to find out you have to murder her and her entire family to save yourself..

21: Definitely Link’s Awakening.

Mnementh said:
SanAndreasX said:
Next batch of clues:

23. Git gud the first.

22. One of its main characters was voiced by an actor who just passed away yesterday (December 8)

21. You meet the love of your life only to find out you have to murder her and her entire family to save yourself..

As the other two have already guesses I go with #22: Fallout New Vegas

All three of these are correct, excellent. 23 is Demon's Souls. New Vegas, of course, had the talent of the recently departed Rene Auberjonois as Robert House.



Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Jpcc86 said:

27.- In this last gen take of a popular franchise, Sir Patrick Stewart narrates your descent to madness. 
Hint 2: Kojima Productions was involved in its development

26.- My avatar. 
Hint 2: Third entry of a -once- popular jrpg franchise

25.- Leeeeroy Jenkins.

24.- A ps1 classic RPG where you switch between the main charcater's POV and your "evil" counterpart's POV. 
Hint 2: The main character shares its name with the main character from Street Fighter

23.- This entry in the series come with the added  bonus of replaying the entire region of the 1st game.

22.- The - arguably - more popular entry of the same series as #24, that just recently got announced for the Switch's online shop. 
Hint 2: Your dog friend gets wrongfully accused of a crime

21.- 1994 entry of a popular franchise (arguably the best entry of the series) starring the most badass woman of the galaxy

24 - Breath of Fire IV?

You are absolutely correct!