By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W44, 2019 (Oct 28 - Nov 03)

SwitchUP said:
Replicant said:

You clearly don't see the irony so hear me out before you get yourself banned. When I make a little fun of your comment about PS5 being DOA it's not that different from you writing "I thought PS/XB fans said that 3rd party games didn't sell on Switch". So you're basically calling yourself deeply hurt, triggered, having issues, etc.

It's all good though. Try loosen up a little. Enjoy life. Have fun.

You should have that snickers bar. You're so triggered ,you're literally making up quotes now. First, show me where I said that ps/xbox fans said 3rd parties dont sell well on switch... I'll wait. If you would chill out, and not get so triggered, you wouldnt come up with made up stories that never happened. I really am sorry for triggering you to this degree.

It's all good.

Bye

Around the Network

Pokemon entering full mode. Death Stranding out of stock... maybe low shipments?

outlawauron said:
MasonADC said:
Persona 5 Royal being an exclusive was a mistake, espically after the original was on two systems

Huh, didn't think there would be anyone advocating for PS3 games in 2019. I understand why they dropped PS3 though.

Because I definitely said it should be on ps3 🙄

The_Liquid_Laser said:
curl-6 said:

PS5 will have its work cut out for it, but I don't think it's predetermined that it will perform poorly in Japan.

It'll still get most of the the big Japanese games to itself regardless of whether it makes sense to do so. Switch could sell 5 times as much as PS5 and devs like Capcom would still favour PS5.

I don't know.  Do you really think the next Monster Hunter will be a PS5 exclusive?  I think it will either be Switch exclusive or a multi-plat with Switch getting a version.  Monster Hunter is still one of the most important franchises to Japan.  I can't see them leaving it off the Switch.

Have you not seen how ridiculously half-arsed Crapcom's Switch support has been and continues to be? The Switch has already outsold PS4 in Japan, and is selling on par with PS4 (launch aligned) globally, and all they've bothered to release on it is reheated leftovers from last gen.

curl-6 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I don't know.  Do you really think the next Monster Hunter will be a PS5 exclusive?  I think it will either be Switch exclusive or a multi-plat with Switch getting a version.  Monster Hunter is still one of the most important franchises to Japan.  I can't see them leaving it off the Switch.

Have you not seen how ridiculously half-arsed Crapcom's Switch support has been and continues to be? The Switch has already outsold PS4 in Japan, and is selling on par with PS4 (launch aligned) globally, and all they've bothered to release on it is reheated leftovers from last gen.

What they are doing now is not necessarily what they'll be doing for the next 5 years.  Games take time to develop.  Bad support now does not mean bad support in the future. 

Also Capcom is a business.  Monster Hunter is one of Japan's most important franchises.  They aren't going to ignore their main fan base.  In generation 7 Monster Hunter was mostly on PSP, and in generation 8 it was mostly on 3DS.  It is very reasonable to expect the next game to be on Switch.  Capcom doesn't seem closely tied down to either Sony or Nintendo.  They just go where the money is.    

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
curl-6 said:

What they are doing now is not necessarily what they'll be doing for the next 5 years.  Games take time to develop.  Bad support now does not mean bad support in the future. 

Also Capcom is a business.  Monster Hunter is one of Japan's most important franchises.  They aren't going to ignore their main fan base.  In generation 7 Monster Hunter was mostly on PSP, and in generation 8 it was mostly on 3DS.  It is very reasonable to expect the next game to be on Switch.  Capcom doesn't seem closely tied down to either Sony or Nintendo.  They just go where the money is.    

Switch has been out and selling like crack for two and a half years now, yet Crapcom have yet to even announce anything major for it. They seem pretty determined to snub the system regardless of how well it sells.

curl-6 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Switch has been out and selling like crack for two and a half years now, yet Crapcom have yet to even announce anything major for it. They seem pretty determined to snub the system regardless of how well it sells.

yeah. Every Capcom investor meeting recently has someone asking about Monster Hunter for Switch or asking if they will have more support for the Nintendo console.

Last edited by Agente42 - on 08 November 2019

curl-6 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

2020 is do-or-die for major Japanese 3rd party support.  I said 2019 a while back but I'm giving 3rd parties another year.  If Nintendo gets nothing next year then I say Nintendo should just symbolically tell Capcom to fuck off by making their own version of Monster Hunter.  Hell, even if Capcom does make a Switch exclusive Monster Hunter, Nintendo should still make their own Monster Hunter-like franchise due to how absolutely fickle Capcom tends to be.

wombat123 said:
curl-6 said:

2020 is do-or-die for major Japanese 3rd party support.  I said 2019 a while back but I'm giving 3rd parties another year.  If Nintendo gets nothing next year then I say Nintendo should just symbolically tell Capcom to fuck off by making their own version of Monster Hunter.  Hell, even if Capcom does make a Switch exclusive Monster Hunter, Nintendo should still make their own Monster Hunter-like franchise due to how absolutely fickle Capcom tends to be.

It's such a weird situation..

I just find it hard to believe that Capcom would commit more to the Switch beyond tests..I mean ports..at this point!

After finding success with the 3DS with Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Ace Attorney, and even Street Fighter IV (can't you bring that on Switch?), why are we still at a "testing" phase? What are the sales numbers telling Capcom at this time? I don't expect Resident Evil 7 (probably hard to port), Street Fighter V (probably due to the business aspects of the game and Sony being involved), or even Devil May Cry 5 (probably hard to port as well). However, Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter are prime series that can find success on Switch, exclusive or multi-platform.

Hell, even Atlus has been kinda weird when it comes to Switch. Besides SMTV (which we haven't seen much of yet), Persona 5 Scramble, and TMS #FE Encore, they don't seem to be as committed to Switch as they were to 3DS, which received a buttload of SMT games, Etrian Odyssey games, and a couple of Persona Q games.

Last edited by Kai_Mao - on 08 November 2019

Kai_Mao said:
wombat123 said:

It's such a weird situation..

I just find it hard to believe that Capcom would commit more to the Switch beyond tests..I mean ports..at this point!

After finding success with the 3DS with Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Ace Attorney, and even Street Fighter IV (can't you bring that on Switch?), why are we still at a "testing" phase? What are the sales numbers telling Capcom at this time? I don't expect Resident Evil 7 (probably hard to port), Street Fighter V (probably due to the business aspects of the game and Sony being involved), or even Devil May Cry 5 (probably hard to port as well). However, Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter are prime series that can find success on Switch, exclusive or multi-platform.

Hell, even Atlus has been kinda weird when it comes to Switch. Besides SMTV (which we haven't seen much of yet), Persona 5 Scramble, and TMS #FE Encore, they don't seem to be as committed to Switch as they were to 3DS, which received a buttload of SMT games, Etrian Odyssey games, and a couple of Persona Q games.

That's the thing, it wouldn't even be difficult to bring RE7 over. Switch has already gotten ports of several games more demanding than RE7, and there are multiple studios with experience porting PS4/Xbone games to Switch who could do it for them; Panic Button, QLOC, Viruos, Saber...

Last edited by curl-6 - on 08 November 2019