By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Smash Ultimate now best selling fighting game of all time

Well deserved, the game is a phenomenal achievement that is continuing to grow. It's my favourite fighting game of all time, no question. Now, if only Square and Nintendo could work out a way to get a bit more Final Fantasy in Smash.

Last edited by Landale_Star - on 06 November 2019

Around the Network

I remember when people said this game was just a simple wiiu port. Theres so much work put into this game, timing changes, new everything. If it's a port, then breath of the wild is just a port of nes zelda. Nintendo created the biggest, baddest fighter of all time, and the absolute best one.

curl-6 said:
Kai_Mao said:

I guess the gameplay of Bayo 3 and BOTW2 will be up to PlatinumGames and Nintendo, respectively.

Raise your hand (PG and Nintendo) if you're ready to show more gameplay of your upcoming games..??

We'll just have to see if they're ready to show more. If they're not ready, then they're not ready.

There is no way in hell Bayo 3 is not ready to show by now when it's been in production for over two years, unless they straight-up lied when they said earlier this year that development was going well and it's in fact gone completely off the rails.

Pretty sure they just didn't want to take the attention off a new IP in Astral Chain.  We will see Bayo 3 at TGAs or A Direct in Jan. E3 is about as long as they can wait to show it. I still expect to see something at the TGA's or Jan Direct.

Last edited by Leynos - on 07 November 2019

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

curl-6 said:

I think FE 3 Houses is incredibly lazy, at least in terms of production values, and I certainly don't hate Nintendo. I love Nintendo in fact. But that doesn't mean I'm going to automatically approve of everything they do.

Nintendo didn't even play a part in that, the game was mostly made by Koei Tecmo, not that this excuses the game's graphics or anything of course. But yeah, us "haters" a.k.a. those who actually care and have standards just want to see things get better, that's to everyone's benefit.

Pyro as Bill said:
Wii Sports Resort Sword Fighting sold double.

Monopoly has sold over 275 million. 

All hail the king. 

Around the Network
Leynos said:
curl-6 said:

There is no way in hell Bayo 3 is not ready to show by now when it's been in production for over two years, unless they straight-up lied when they said earlier this year that development was going well and it's in fact gone completely off the rails.

Pretty sure they just didn't want to take the attention off a new IP in Astral Chain.  We will see Bayo 3 at TGAs or A Direct in Jan. E3 is about as long as they can wait to show it. I still expect to see something at the TGA's or Jan Direct.

Yeah I figured the reason they didn't show it this year so far was so as not to overshadow Astral Chain, and I can understand that. By the time of the VGAs though that'll no longer be a valid excuse.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 07 November 2019

Metallox said:
RolStoppable said:
Smash is trash though.

Not only is Smash trash, it's also not a fighting game. 

Thats like saying Uncharted is not a 3rd person shooter.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

mysteryman said:
Pyro as Bill said:
Wii Sports Resort Sword Fighting sold double.

Monopoly has sold over 275 million. 

All hail the king. 

275 million? Pfffft. That's pocket change compared to the true god emperor of games, chess.

It could sell another 10 million before it's all said and done....