By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8 (Wii U + NS) outsell Mario Kart Wii?

Tagged games:

Will Mario Kart 8 outsell Mario Kart Wii?

Yes, Switch version by itself will do it 34 45.95%

Yes, but only if you comb... 32 43.24%

No 8 10.81%

Total:74
p0isonparadise said:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 22.96 million
Mario Kart 8 - 8.44 million

Total: 31.40 million

5.84 million away from surpassing MKWii. Deluxe has 14.28 million to go.

And at the current rate, deluxe alone will do it.

Around the Network

50 million lifetime for Mario Kart 8.

Switch >40 million
Wii U - 8.4 million

Ryng said:
50 million lifetime for Mario Kart 8.

Switch >40 million
Wii U - 8.4 million

Good prediction, tbone.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe have now outsold Mario Kart Wii. An imppresive feat considering that the Switch itself haven't outsold the Wii yet.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

This thread is chef kiss to look at now lol

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Around the Network

As of today this is the longest we've ever gone without a new Mario Kart title.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to Today = 1651 days (April 28th 2017 to 4th November 2021)
Mario Kart 64 to Mario Kart Super Circuit = 1650 days (14th December 1996 to 21st June 2001)

If you don't class Deluxe as it's just an upgrade of 8 then well... Mario Kart 8 to Today = 2716 days (29th May 2014 to 4th November 2021)

Mario Kart 9 is well overdue.

Mario Kart 8 will keep selling until 9 comes out.

Gamerscore:20,000  -  Trophies:3,800 -  Nintendo Awards: -1

My Xbox Series S is my baby. It grew up into an X.

Zippy6 said:

Mario Kart 64 to Mario Kart Super Circuit = 1650 days (14th December 1996 to 21st June 2001)

If you don't class Deluxe as it's just an upgrade of 8 then well... Mario Kart 9 is well overdue.

MK9 is well overdue, but I don't see it launching until the Switch successor. No need to cut off MK8D's legs while it is still selling a ton.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
Zippy6 said:

If you don't class Deluxe as it's just an upgrade of 8 then well... Mario Kart 9 is well overdue.

MK9 is well overdue, but I don't see it launching until the Switch successor. No need to cut off MK8D's legs while it is still selling a ton.

Yeah I don't see it coming out on Switch, it'll be a launch title (or very close to launch) for the next console.

Gamerscore:20,000  -  Trophies:3,800 -  Nintendo Awards: -1

My Xbox Series S is my baby. It grew up into an X.

Zippy6 said:
trunkswd said:

Yeah I don't see it coming out on Switch, it'll be a launch title (or very close to launch) for the next console.

Launch title would be a big seller for sure. Either that or if it the Switch successor launches in March like the Switch I could see it launching that first holiday season.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:

As the title says do you think Mario Kart 8 (Wii U + NS) has a chance of catching up and beating the sales of Mario Kart Wii to become the best-selling Mario Kart game of all time?

No

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me