By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gotypicks.blogspot.com is a joke website for Japanese developed games

Very heavily western bias website that cherry-picking the GOTY award from NA, EU, and OC.

2018 publications list

FR - 20
US - 94
UK - 34
DE - 14
ES - 17
PL - 14
IT - 22
CA - 10
SE - 8
HU - 9
AU - 11
ZA - 6
NO - 2
UA - 3
RU - 17
NL - 13
RO - 2
GR - 8
FI - 5
CZ - 5
SK - 4
AT - 1
HR - 2
MX - 4

A massive 307 (rough calculations probably a few country codes I missed) out of 382 for the western part of the overall publications. Rip Japanese games in advance in order to compete in that self-proclaimed GotyBlog.

Japanese dedicated video games industry is second only after the US but since 2003 only 2 Japanese games managed to win on that website. Let's take a look at how many Japanese publications represented on that list ............. a massive "2" out of 382 in 2018. 

Metacritic despite its flawed at least has a better metric and standard than that blog. 

Around the Network

Play the games that you enjoy and move along... also, what Ka-pi96 said.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Very heavily western bias website that cherry-picking the GOTY award from NA, EU, and OC.

2018 publications list

FR - 20
US - 94
UK - 34
DE - 14
ES - 17
PL - 14
IT - 22
CA - 10
SE - 8
HU - 9
AU - 11
ZA - 6
NO - 2
UA - 3
RU - 17
NL - 13
RO - 2
GR - 8
FI - 5
CZ - 5
SK - 4
AT - 1
HR - 2
MX - 4

A massive 307 (rough calculations probably a few country codes I missed) out of 382 for the western part of the overall publications. Rip Japanese games in advance in order to compete in that self-proclaimed GotyBlog.

Japanese dedicated video games industry is second only after the US but since 2003 only 2 Japanese games managed to win on that website. Let's take a look at how many Japanese publications represented on that list ............. a massive "2" out of 382 in 2018. 

Metacritic despite its flawed at least has a better metric and standard than that blog. 

uhm no. The Chinese gaming market is far bigger than the Japanese.

Japan is one country and you complain about so many different countries leading against one single country? Sure, Japan is known for video games but still...

Btw, how do Japanese GotY awards look like?

Game of the Year awards are pointless anyway.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

The OP makes a good point. It makes me wonder who is funding the website. Often just finding out that one thing can answer a lot of questions.

Game of the Year awards are only important in very specific contexts. For example, I didnt know Celeste existed and Im glad I played it after seeing it in the GOTY noms.
Other than that - that award is worthless, unlike the Oscars which are objectively always on point.

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 01 November 2019

*insert complaints about other random websites"

Show us you know what you're talking about and not just making baseless accusations. Which Japanese games should have won more awards over which western games that were undeserving? Show your work if you want someone to trust your conclusion and not believe that it's you who are biased.

Jpcc86 said:

Game of the Year awards are only important in very specific contexts. For example, I didnt know Celeste existed and Im glad I played it after seeing it in the GOTY noms.
Other than that - that award is worthless, unlike the Oscars which are objectively always on point.

How is a movie award objectively always on point?