By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 19 October 2019

Ganoncrotch said:
curl-6 said:

Another 200k wiped off the lifetime Switch-Xbone gap.

Less than 4 million to go until Switch overtakes.

See that ratio in the US for those machines? 3:1 in favour of switch, even globally in the US it's a massive Switch victory.

Exactly, and that's in Xbox's homeland and the only region it's doing decently in.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Intrinsic said:

That's a rather strange way of doing the analysis.

Reason being that EU and NA cancel each other out. The switch is outselling the PS4 in NA the same way the PS4 outsells it in EU. In any kinda "fair" statistical analysis, you group the similarities not single out whichever "one" field that a certain commodity is doing well in. 

In this case, NA vs EU vs ROW are all similar. As I said, they basically cancel each other out in all those areas. Alright, let's see from this week...

Switch - NA + EU + ROW = 206k

PS4 - NA + EU + ROW = 207k

The tie-breaker here also happens to be the one area that has the largest ratio of sales in favor of the switch (10:1), and that's Japan. 

We can also do this your way. Les remove EU where PS4 has a 1.4:1 sales advantage. And then to be fair, also remove NA where the switch has a 1.4:1 advantage, and leave ROW wee they are basically tied and Japan. We get still end with a 2:1 advantage in favor of the switch...even though they are tied in japan, That is just more proof of how much japan is tipping the scales in favor of the switch.

I Dont see how it's strange at all, both viewpoints are completely true. Like you said, Japan is helping Switch have a healthy lead over PS4 and like I said, Europe is helping PS4 be competitive with Switch. My point is that both have to be taken into account when talking about regional differences.

So true. I'm so sick and tired of people who pointing out that the Switch is the best selling console only because of Japan. PS4 would sell like a typical 6 year old console without those abnormal Europe numbers. Microsoft really lost many Xbox 360 customers to PS4. Look at those terrible Xbox One numbers in Europe... Last Gen it was about 50/50 between Sony and Microsoft in Europe.

siebensus4 said:
zorg1000 said:

I Dont see how it's strange at all, both viewpoints are completely true. Like you said, Japan is helping Switch have a healthy lead over PS4 and like I said, Europe is helping PS4 be competitive with Switch. My point is that both have to be taken into account when talking about regional differences.

So true. I'm so sick and tired of people who pointing out that the Switch is the best selling console only because of Japan. PS4 would sell like a typical 6 year old console without those abnormal Europe numbers. Microsoft really lost many Xbox 360 customers to PS4. Look at those terrible Xbox One numbers in Europe... Last Gen it was about 50/50 between Sony and Microsoft in Europe.

No it wasn't. PS3 had a great lead in EU. It's how Sony stayed competitive with MS very dominant lead in the US. The mass majority of PS3 sales came from EU. Now if you said just the UK, then that would be more factual. EU is "Sonyland".

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Well, whatever the reasons, NS and PS4 dominate practically unchallenged. XBOne sales aren't totally bad, except in Japan, but it can't compete, just survive.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!