By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I did something awful and don't think I can gain redemption. (Trigger warning)

But yeah, let this be a lesson to stop buying Activision games. The ONE CoD that could've brought people back is cluttered with SBMM, DRM, sweaty try-hard campers and other predatory bullshit, and mark my words, they WILL bring back loot boxes after everyone's already bought and reviewed the game just like they did with BO4.

Around the Network

It's fine. Although i'm not a Sony fan but i will say my honest opinion: No need to feel guilty about purchasing and playing a game, no one have the right to force you to play or not play any game, you decide for yourself. Gaming is just an entertainment product for everyone after all. Want it? Then buy and enjoy it, done

LOL, you've got time limit FREE FOR ALL matches (!) in this piece of shit game:

So glad I didn't buy this boring ass game and validate Activision's scummy business practices. You know a game's bad when you have Free For All matches going to the time limit, I've never seen that before.

Mark my words: loot boxes WILL be back after everyone's already bought and reviewed the game just like they did with BO4 and just like they put MTXs in CTR:NR after saying they wouldn't.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 31 October 2019

John2290 said:
The Fury said:

Parents? I have 25-30 something yr old adults in my office that do this.

Good lord. 

Let us pray.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

KManX89 said:

LOL, you've got time limit FREE FOR ALL matches (!) in this piece of shit game:

So glad I didn't buy this boring ass game and validate Activision's scummy business practices. You know a game's bad when you have Free For All matches going to the time limit, I've never seen that before.

Mark my words: loot boxes WILL be back after everyone's already bought and reviewed the game just like they did with BO4 and just like they put MTXs in CTR:NR after saying they wouldn't.

Honestly, Thunder is annoying me. He complains about camping but uses claymores and the refresh perk constantly instead of C4 to stop them camping, he holds down areas instead of moving. If he were to go back to MW2, he'd remember that the entire game was a campy, holding down lines of sights with in rooms and claymores. He sticks to the same class all match not swapping out guns or attachments too. 

I haven't bought the game but had fun with the beta, he just moaned about it but played it completely differently, it was weird. He instantly went to the campiest setup while I was running around with shotguns or battle rifles having a blast.

Oh agree on the rest of your stuff however, they will add boxes and stuff, only a matter of time. Reason I'm not supporting it at the moment.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
The Fury said:

Honestly, Thunder is annoying me. He complains about camping but uses claymores and the refresh perk constantly instead of C4 to stop them camping, he holds down areas instead of moving. If he were to go back to MW2, he'd remember that the entire game was a campy, holding down lines of sights with in rooms and claymores. He sticks to the same class all match not swapping out guns or attachments too. 

I haven't bought the game but had fun with the beta, he just moaned about it but played it completely differently, it was weird. He instantly went to the campiest setup while I was running around with shotguns or battle rifles having a blast.

Oh agree on the rest of your stuff however, they will add boxes and stuff, only a matter of time. Reason I'm not supporting it at the moment.

I don't know who this guy is but he is correct, the only option now is to hold down an area or if you're feeping brave to try for multipme areas if you have the, now very rare, wall to hug on the outside of the map to switch between them. There simply is no way to play it like MW 07 and run aroubd the map popping caps in asses until you're 50 - 0. 

The maps are built very deliberately so this can not happen and those score boards remain even at the end of every match. Either that or they were massibely incompetent/Tried some algorithmic design process that backfired. 

This. There's infinite sight lines and so many corners to check in buildings with tons and tons of windows to post up in that campers will always see you before you see them. Add in the fact that foot steps are so loud that you give your position away and people don't even show up on the mini map without a UAV and you have a CoD that is literally impossible to rush in. 

Hell, in the interview clip at 1:24 in this vid, the devs themselves admitted the maps were designed that way on purpose to cater to scrubs while punishing good players:

John2290 said:

Oh good lord. I tried to play a few matches and every gun I use feels different. Fuck MP games in the internet age, how do they expect to keep people when they are constantly buffing and debuffing. The only thing needed to be done was nerf the shotgun, that was it and work on the map and camping issues. I can't be arsed spending hours to get the feel of these guns again after taking a break for Death stranding. Hopefully there will be free maps and that will jump me back into it. 

Unfortunately, the maps can't be fixed. They're literally designed so you can't rush, period. No amount of patches will fix that.

They DO plan on bringing back remastered maps from MW1-3, but let's be honest, they're just polishing a turd. Half the maps will still be unplayable unless they make a separate playlist for them, but then I think they know +95% of their base will just flock to that instead of any of the individual game modes (since the OG maps are garbage and no one wants to play on them, especially Piccadilly), and they don't want that.