By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I did something awful and don't think I can gain redemption. (Trigger warning)

You should find solace in the fact that you believe that this is the most shameful thing you've done.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

The campaign looks actually pretty good... for CoD standards.

Hunting Season is done...

S.Peelman said:

Lol. I thought like you killed someone or something. Buying CoD isn't that bad.

COKTOE said:
I'm not buying it. No Activision game since COD:WOW in 2008. That's how you boycott. I DID accidentally buy Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition about 4 years ago, for $19.99, but that's because I'm AN IDIOT. My thoughts? Very disappointed. Just like last time. I do hope, in your show of support to the vivisecting organ harvesters, that your dreams aren't haunted by the screams of freshly harvested vivisection victims. But I can't control that.

You want to know boycott? I haven't bought anything with an EA logo, copyright or other affiliation in any capacity, new or used, since I got the expansion of SimCity 4 back in 2003. And that was already a rarity.

That's impressive. I have been quite anti EA as well. I have however spent almost $30 since I decided to avoid them a decade ago. $19.99 for Dragon Age Inquisition, and $7.99 for Mirror's Edge 2. Both brand new retail copies. It's a pittance, and I doubt it will ever happen again, but it's certainly not up to your standards.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Im already back to blackout

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

You had me at the start, not gonna lie 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

Around the Network

At least you aren't spending £100 on Fortnite skins.

Hmm, pie.

John2290 said:
The Fury said:
At least you aren't spending £100 on Fortnite skins.

The original sin, the only thing that helps me sleep at night knowing people do this is yhat the parents are ignorant. 

Parents? I have 25-30 something yr old adults in my office that do this.

Hmm, pie.

I haven't been keeping up with my gaming news. A friend of mine told me that you can play CoD with PS4 vs Xbox One vs PC. I'm suddenly interested!!

John2290 said:
John2290 said:
Folks, this is the best CoD has ever beeeeeeen! It's better than MW 07 even yet the maps are a tad lesser and increased visual clutter on a MP map is always unwelcome, it's still peak CoD and peak console FPS MP in the quick TTK category anyway. It's made improvments I think will become the staple of the genre in the future and managed to lay off a lot of the nonsense they were going on with for years.

The bad news is there are XP tokens and boosts already baked in and given freely, some skins provide a clear advantage like a certain civilian I won't spoil which is so random to see among soldiers I've hestitated multiple times and gotten myself killed and the game is absolutely primed for MT's in everything from the UI to the grind in all aspects and those XP tokens they're giving out is akin to a drug dealer giving out a free sample. Fuvk them to fuck if they ruin sonething so pure and wholesome as Modern warfare '19.

Update. 

Spent a couple hours on it today and it looks like the fun ended, the maps aren't just lack luster they are now changing the meta. People have started taking to camping (on ps4 with cross play off anyway) in mass and it's not rare to find a game where noone is moving on thebmap at all, instead crawling around, camping spots or just holding down a building. It was so fun but today has been absolute bollachs. Only the maps from the beta, minus the cave map are anywhere near playable and the only actual fun one is Hackney Yard. So every game mode but domination is out. I think this is intentional to stop people getting too good at the game so everyone gets 'some fun' like a fucking participation badge but it has backfired badlynand herenI now feel Bobby Koticks dick in my ass. 

Yup, looks like I made the right call not enabling Activision's greed by buying the game. SBMM is back, and the maps are cluttered as hell, so the lobbies are chalk full of sweaty try hard campers. 402THUNDER literally called the game Ghosts 2.0. I guess Advanced Warfail (worst CoD until IW) taught them nothing. Then again, people have nothing to teach Acti until they STOP BUYING THEIR GAMES!

Seriously, DRM, 56 GB day 1 patch, console exclusive game mode, SBMM, terrible maps and campers, what next? Post-review loot boxes? Oh wait, that's exactly what they're gonna do, just like they did with BO4.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 29 October 2019

John2290 said:
d21lewis said:
I haven't been keeping up with my gaming news. A friend of mine told me that you can play CoD with PS4 vs Xbox One vs PC. I'm suddenly interested!!

You will not survive against PC players if you are pkaying on console, well, at leadt before the camping started. Now you have as much a chance as any. Don't buy it, the maps are bollachs'd completely and getting worse by the day. Well over half on my kill cams are now from campers, maps are silent, no one is moving, pointless. The only thing left that is much fun is stuff like Domination with small teams at least, which the maps are perfect for.

Yeah . PC gamers are death incarnate but he also said you can choose to just play PS4 vs Xbox One. That alone intrigues me.