By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New IP From Naughty Dogs???? Online Only New Game Unnanounced

this is old news I am afraid.
it is most likely just a more robust Factions MP.



Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:

ND has never done a bad game in their entire existence so anything they announce is automatically on my radar.
That said, if this is a multiplayer - specially TLOU2 multiplayer made its own game - they can GTFO.

Bold: I couldn't disagree more. I loved mp in TLOU and would be happy to see a new take on factions.



shikamaru317 said:
Not interested. Sony had damn well better have secretly formed a new first party studio to take over the Uncharted IP since Naughty Dog clearly aren't interested in it anymore. It's the only Naughty Dog IP I care about, and I will be majorly disappointed if Sony just let's the IP sit and rot. Would love a new series of Uncharted games focused on his daughter.

I think it's great that they dare to try new things. Sure, Uncharted is an amazing franchise but it kinda ran its course. Therefore I am far more interested in TLOU2 and new franchises they will come up with it. 



Replicant said:

Bold: I couldn't disagree more. I loved mp in TLOU and would be happy to see a new take on factions.



LudicrousSpeed said:
Isn’t this old news? This is why there’s no MP in LoU2

No one had posted a thread on it. And just other day there were some discussion on Sony taking out MP of TLOU 2 because they were afraid it would lower the score of the game, instead of knowing it was because they have evolved what they had in mind from MP on TLOU 2 to a new game.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
goopy20 said:
shikamaru317 said:
Not interested. Sony had damn well better have secretly formed a new first party studio to take over the Uncharted IP since Naughty Dog clearly aren't interested in it anymore. It's the only Naughty Dog IP I care about, and I will be majorly disappointed if Sony just let's the IP sit and rot. Would love a new series of Uncharted games focused on his daughter.

I think it's great that they dare to try new things. Sure, Uncharted is an amazing franchise but it kinda ran its course. Therefore I am far more interested in TLOU2 and new franchises they will come up with it. 

But sure if they want to make a new studio to work on what is already stablished and under supervision of ND, we may receive a good gift on a new take on Uncharted even if we don't exactly need one.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'm just happy that TLoU2 won't be saddled with a multiplayer mode that includes cosmetic MTX, and/or Pay 2 Win.



I'm not seeing online-only anywhere here. That said, even if it's just focused on multiplayer, I doubt I'm going to be interested because of PS+.



Yeah, they told us this last month.
The Last of Us Online will be a separated game.
They are going all out with it.
I loved the online for the original, but I'm not into online only games, so I might end up passing on it.
That should be great for them, though, bring more diversity with a good online experience.
Just keep giving us the best single player games and I'll be fine with it.



Jpcc86 said:
Replicant said:

Bold: I couldn't disagree more. I loved mp in TLOU and would be happy to see a new take on factions.