By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I quit The Witcher 3 after 33 hours

Chrkeller said:
Radek said:

Skyrim has got nothing on Witcher 3, nothing, other 2 are great but not on Witcher 3 level.

Agree to disagree.  For me nothing ruins an experience faster than cut scenes and story.  RDR2 and W3 both had too much of that.  

Edit

Having said that I am tempted to give it another go, just out of curiosity.  Though I tried Sekiro three times and RDR2, and my opinion never shifted.

Understandable but Horizon is not exactly light on cutscenes and story either.  and unless I am remembering wrong some of the devs that worked on Horizon worked on Witcher 3 also

Around the Network

I think I'll quit Diablo 3. 30h in and the gameplay is always boring and repetitive.

Baddman said:
Chrkeller said:

Agree to disagree.  For me nothing ruins an experience faster than cut scenes and story.  RDR2 and W3 both had too much of that.  

Edit

Having said that I am tempted to give it another go, just out of curiosity.  Though I tried Sekiro three times and RDR2, and my opinion never shifted.

Understandable but Horizon is not exactly light on cutscenes and story either.  and unless I am remembering wrong some of the devs that worked on Horizon worked on Witcher 3 also

Horizon is a bit on the heavy side, but the world (robo dinosaurs) were interesting enough to keep my attention.  W3 didn't do anything new, at least IMHO.  

GoOnKid said:

I think I'll quit Diablo 3. 30h in and the gameplay is always boring and repetitive.

That is one genre I could honestly quit after 5 min, never understood the appeal of it.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I'll third the Diablo not liking. I don't get the appeal either. Boring as ****.

Around the Network

Never played any Witcher game, although I saw my partner playing the Witcher 2.
I'm thinking on getting Switcher 3 on Switch. :D

John2290 said:
I quit Final Fantasy XIV after 2712 hours (113 days) or there abouts. The side quests really started to drag sure I'll be back for the next expansion and completed the story but I've only played about 25% of what is to offer, I feel so inadequate and sickened I had to drop it.

If it makes you feel any better, I know I've spent over 3000 hours in a 1997 game, Age of Empires II. I cannot quit despite the fact that everything today in the game is too optimized and the mechanics are too dated. 

EDIT: Silly me, came out in 1999

Last edited by Metallox - on 22 October 2019

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

You forgot to mention how it's either stupid easy, or stupid difficult - I started on death march difficulty, and that has been my experience.

I think I'll use it as something to occupy my hands in one place while I listen to some podcasts - aside from Novigrad, the game is boring, overrated, and soul-draining.