By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I quit The Last of Us after 5 minutes

kirby007 said:

It gave me the same vibe as detroit become human which i dropped after about an hour.

So i cut my lossed and rather went on my 6th run in darksiders 3

Very good. With that attitude you don't deserve TLoU.

Around the Network

In a way, he's right, you know.

Everytime I hear this "oh, but it gets good / better after the first three hours or so" excuse I can't help but wonder why the fuck the developers didn't start the game at the three hour mark or whatever.

No one has to play anything that it isn't clicking just because others claim it's the best thing since sliced bread. Such labels, of course, suspiciously get thrown around more often everytime a game is an exclusive.

Didn't miss much, I think it is ultra boring and has super dumb AI and an unsatisfying ending. But you should at least have played longer nevertheless before you judge it.

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

I have TONS of "great" games that I've logged in approximately an hour or less. And I have tons of games I replay and even re-buy over and over again. I guess time isn't the issue. It's just motivation.

I replay the entire Resident Evil, Gears of War (but not Judgment), Halo, Arkham series every year or two. I've purchased Metal Gear 2 and 3 more times than I can count! Dragon's Dogma and Pikmin 3 are my go to games.

Meanwhile I'm minutes into Witcher 3 (at least before I got the Switch version), Red Dead Redemption 2, and others. It's okay. Play what you like on whatever hardware you like. You don't have anything to prove to anyone. We're all just looking for that game that makes us want to stay up late at night because we're addicted to it. Playing a game shouldn't be a chore. I can understand why these story based "walking Sims" with action scattered about aren't for everyone.

Last edited by d21lewis - on 20 October 2019

Twitter: @d21lewis

5 mins? Haven’t even left the room/house... I’d probably try to play for at least 1-2 hours and see how it goes before making a decision.
That being said I’ve only played BoTW for 5 mins and I didn’t even like it, but then again I’ve only played for 5 mins, next time I play it I will force myself to at least put more game time in BoTW to actually make up my own mind.

I know that not every game is for everyone but I’d at least give it an hour or 2 before I call it quits, perhaps that might change as the game progresses.

Around the Network

I don't believe the OP and really see this as, more than likely, a poor attempt at trolling. With all the videos and threads we have had on here about this game, there is absolutely no way that an informed gamer on VGC could think that TLOU is anything like Detroit, which is more like a point and click game.

haxxiy said:
In a way, he's right, you know.

Everytime I hear this "oh, but it gets good / better after the first three hours or so" excuse I can't help but wonder why the fuck the developers didn't start the game at the three hour mark or whatever.

No one has to play anything that it isn't clicking just because others claim it's the best thing since sliced bread. Such labels, of course, suspiciously get thrown around more often everytime a game is an exclusive.

No he isn't.

Nobody needs to say it gets better later, he didn't even play it to begin with.

TLoU have a prologue to introduce the outbreak and the main char history, he didn't get to see any of it. The prologue is like a cutscene but that they let you interact with so you can feel a bit more into it than just watching. That's not the game at all, that's not even the tutorial.

And I for one also disagree with the actual content of your post, if a game does get better in the go... well, why wouldn't people talk about it? Stick a bit with it and see what's about to come.

Games are actually meant to get better as they develop, be it gameplay wise as you unlock abilities, mechanics, areas, get better at it, or story wise as what is being set starts to unfold, gets explained, have twists, an so on.

But TLoU doesn't need defending, people actually love the prologue, it's said to be one of the best introductions to any game out there.

ZS said:
5 mins? Haven’t even left the room/house... I’d probably try to play for at least 1-2 hours and see how it goes before making a decision.
That being said I’ve only played BoTW for 5 mins and I didn’t even like it, but then again I’ve only played for 5 mins, next time I play it I will force myself to at least put more game time in BoTW to actually make up my own mind.

I know that not every game is for everyone but I’d at least give it an hour or 2 before I call it quits, perhaps that might change as the game progresses.

Yeah I try to give games a good go myself before judging.  I gave Red Dead Redemption 2 a good 30 hours before deciding it was just a pretty piece of overrated boredom for me.  BotW however I was hooked within the first 15 min, and after 200 hours still go back to it this day.  Easily my game of the generation.

Every gamer is different and have different tastes for sure.  On another note, I find it a little funny how you call someone out for only playing a great game 5 min before quitting, but then immediately admit to doing the exact same thing to 2017's GotY on a rival platform.  Kinda makes you hard to take seriously TBH.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I think I stopped playing it after like an hour lol. I plan to watch my favorite streamer play through of it and then give the sequel a try

Last edited by MasonADC - on 20 October 2019

Geralt99 said:
Typical Fanboy's response to a any masterpiece

Fixed it for you.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261