1 - Nioh

2 - Code Vein

3 - Bloodborne

4 - Hollow Knight

5 - Sekiro

6 - Dark Souls 3

7 - Dark Souls 1

8 - Dark Souls 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

1-Dark Souls
2- bloodborne
3- dark souls 3
4- dark souls 2

Bloodborne would be the first if the story made any sense specially in the last third of the game. Best OST ever.

Will start sekiro next month. It gives me the impression it will be the first one I wont finish.

So far I've played Demon Souls (The original Souls game that began the genre), Dark souls, Dark Souls 2, The Surge and Bloodborne.

I plan to eventually play Dark Souls 3, The Surge 2, Nioh, Nioh 2, Code Vein and Sekiro Shadows Die Twice.

So far I've got the platinum trophy for 3 of those games: (DS2, Bloodborne and The Surge).

Im not the biggest fan of souls-like games and played only three of them, original ones. I believe I finished them two times each, because of platinums. All of them are quite good and well designed, especially combat mechanics of course. For me the weakest is Bloodborne, because of lack of amunition and weapon choise. Thats why this game feels more limited compared to "older brothers". I love Dark Souls level design, how well connected the locations are. So I rate them in that order:
1. Dark Souls
2. Demon's Souls
3. Bloodborne

Sekiro is an odd game. It's beautiful. The setting, character design, music, and atmosphere are all perfect. The combat though... is absolute fucking trash.

A shinobi who moves at the speed of a de-chaired Stephen Hawking wielding a weapon that does as much damage as a cough. He can take little to no damage either, like he's made of Corn Flakes and every enemy in the game is a prime Mike Tyson.

Got bored and turned it off. Nioh is still the Ace.

Around the Network

Sekiro is far and away the best. The combat, for me, was so much more engaging than the rest of FromSoft's games - or the clones they inspired - that I actually have had trouble going back them. For example, I started playing Bloodborne for the first time, with a friend of mine who'd been wanting me to play it for years, and assured me it was the best FromSoft to date...we got maybe 6 hours in before we both decided we actually weren't feeling it. Again, I have to stress that he was telling me, as we were playing Sekiro, that Bloodborne is still his favorite FromSoft title, and that I would love it, because it encourages a certain level of aggression, just as Sekiro does. Going back though, ultimately, he was underwhelmed, and I honestly felt relieved when he said so, because I quickly got to the point where I felt I was only playing it for him.

I know that kinda sounds like I'm ripping Bloodborne, but that's really not my intent here, because I feel strongly that I would have this same reaction if I went back and played the first Dark Souls, which I LOVED, and would have previously given the crown for the best of these games. There's just something about the relentless rhythm of Sekiro, with the sort of anti-stamina, instead of the normal stamina bar in the other games. You're always on the assault, always in the enemies face, always clashing (as opposed to rolling around contact). It looks, and feels satisfying in a way that the rest of these games simply don't.

trasharmdsister12 said:
I forgot to add that I've played through more than half of Hollow Knight (currently on that rolling boss that becomes more than one boss during the battle) and I'm just terrible at side scrolling games in general so it has been a not so enjoyable experience for me. Though objectively when I look at the game and all the design and work put into it, I know it's an incredible piece of art and design. But that's why I haven't included it in my rankings. It is no doubt better than Lords of the Fallen, but beyond that it can't be a 1-1 comparison with its 3D contemporaries for me.

Hollow Knight is a pretty great game, that overstays it's welcome and the last bosses (that I played.. haven't faced all of them after ~50hrs and quit the game after reaching 1 ending) are some bullet hell shit. I wouldn't categorize it as a "soulslike", it's a pretty straightforward Metroidvania and if you have trouble with the super precision platforming like I do then I think Ori 1 is a better fit for you as you can power up your skills/jumps farther than the game ever requires you to perform.

1. Hollow Knight

Demons souls
Dark souls
Sekiro
Bloodborne
Dark souls 3
Dark souls 2
Ni oh.

Dark souls

Thanks for reading!