By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Witcher 3 on Switch is a good port or not ?

How does look Witcher 3 on Switch

Definitely crap, too blurry and downgraded 14 21.88%

Like what we could expect, no surprise 7 10.94%

A bit better than what we could expect 11 17.19%

It is much beyond what an... 24 37.50%

It is the most incredible... 8 12.50%

Total:64

Started playing it yesterday afternoon. It's incredible!! Never imagined a portable game could look this good!!

Around the Network

I have the game on PS4, however the Switch ports looks very well done. Could always spin it as the best looking handheld game? 🤔

zippy said:
I have the game on PS4, however the Switch ports looks very well done. Could always spin it as the best looking handheld game? 🤔

It really is. I have the Xbox One version but I barely played it. I've fired it up for the Switch in portable mode. I don't know what I was expecting but the game blew me away instantly. Can't wait to log in more time. 

I'm not really a resolution guy, I can live with it as it is. The frame rate in cutscenes is a tragedy, though.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I’m 6h in and it’s definitely a great port.
Graphics details were a little strange at first, but I don’t notice them anymore and am more than impress to be able to play this in my bed 😂

Around the Network
Metallox said:
I'm not really a resolution guy, I can live with it as it is. The frame rate in cutscenes is a tragedy, though.

To be fair, the framerate in cutscenes dropped a lot on PS4 and Xbox One as well.

curl-6 said:
Metallox said:

To be fair, the framerate in cutscenes dropped a lot on PS4 and Xbox One as well.

I don't know about them, but what we have on Switch is nasty. Doesn't drop to something like a slideshow from PowerPoint, but it's still jarring. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

curl-6 said:

It's a shame practically the entire conversation around Switcher 3 here on VGC has been monopolized by talk about how "downgraded" it is from folks who never had any interest in buying it in the first place.

I intended to make a general discussion thread just to talk about the game with other Switch players, but now we have not one but two threads just about its technical performance it feels a bit like spam to start another thread about the game.

I mean, I love to talk tech/graphics as much as the next guy but it'd also be nice just to talk about the game in general instead of everything just being "but it looks crap compared to PS4".

Maybe try to dig up old thread about TW3, back when it released, there's lot of talk about actual game in that thread. Though, there are also some facepalm worthy shit there akin to "combat is not like in Bloodborne".

HoloDust said:
curl-6 said:

It's a shame practically the entire conversation around Switcher 3 here on VGC has been monopolized by talk about how "downgraded" it is from folks who never had any interest in buying it in the first place.

I intended to make a general discussion thread just to talk about the game with other Switch players, but now we have not one but two threads just about its technical performance it feels a bit like spam to start another thread about the game.

I mean, I love to talk tech/graphics as much as the next guy but it'd also be nice just to talk about the game in general instead of everything just being "but it looks crap compared to PS4".

Maybe try to dig up old thread about TW3, back when it released, there's lot of talk about actual game in that thread. Though, there are also some facepalm worthy shit there akin to "combat is not like in Bloodborne".

Good idea, thanks, I shall do so.