By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sniper Elite 3 on Switch is a "superb" port (DF)

Played this years and years ago

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Good for Switch owners, it’s a good game. It’s also a last gen game so I’d hope the Switch would have a good port.

I'd love to try it out, maybe I pick it up when I clean my backlog a bit more. Does it have motion aiming?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I really need to get back into this game. Of what I did play it was fun. Seems like a good port. It's definitely going to take more work, but hopefully they can get the 4th one out for you guys.

thismeintiel said:
I really need to get back into this game. Of what I did play it was fun. Seems like a good port. It's definitely going to take more work, but hopefully they can get the 4th one out for you guys.

I think it's quite probable, if sales of this port justify it. Official recomended spec requirements on PC are some 2x between the SE3 and 4 (though difference between official minimum reqs is substantially bigger), so given that this runs well in quite decent resolution it should be more than doable.

Personally, I find SE4 to be the best (though I have a soft spot for first one as well), so hoping more people get to enjoy it.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Good for Switch owners, it’s a good game. It’s also a last gen game so I’d hope the Switch would have a good port.

Well, cross-gen; the Switch game is a port of the PS4/Xbone version though, not the PS3/360 version.

cycycychris said:

I only learned of its launch when this video came on my youtube feed. I don't recall them ever announcing the launch date. From looking at it online, its $5 cheaper on the eshop, typically that at least gets mentioned.

Yeah, I had no clue it was out either. Hopefully this glowing DF coverage helps get the word out and it sells okay. A port this strong deserves to sell, and hopefully it does well enough that Sniper Elite 4 makes its away over next.

Mar1217 said:
Simply by the principle of merits, their game should be obligated to sell well.

A bit sad, they couldn't marketed it much ...

It's hard for me to get my head around why a publisher would fund a high quality port, but then leave it to die with no marketing.  Something must have changed between the time they okay-ed and budgeted for the porting work and the time it wrapped up.  I can't imagine that they would have planned it like this from the start.

Darwinianevolution said:
I'd love to try it out, maybe I pick it up when I clean my backlog a bit more. Does it have motion aiming?

Yep.

curl-6 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Yep.

Nice.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

HoloDust said:
thismeintiel said:

I think it's quite probable, if sales of this port justify it. Official recomended spec requirements on PC are some 2x between the SE3 and 4 (though difference between official minimum reqs is substantially bigger), so given that this runs well in quite decent resolution it should be more than doable.

Personally, I find SE4 to be the best (though I have a soft spot for first one as well), so hoping more people get to enjoy it.

Even though the game itself isn't my thing, I'd be really interested to see them port Sniper Elite 4 to Switch with a similar degree of care and diligence as 3.