By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rank your favorite Zelda games!

 

What is your favorite Zelda? (sorry, only ten options!)

Breath of the Wild 22 32.35%
 
Ocarina of Time 14 20.59%
 
A Link to the Past 11 16.18%
 
Twilight Princess 6 8.82%
 
Majora's Mask 2 2.94%
 
Wind Waker 6 8.82%
 
Link's Awakening 0 0%
 
Skyward Sword 4 5.88%
 
Oracle of Ages/Seasons 1 1.47%
 
Other (see forum post) 2 2.94%
 
Total:68

Created an account for this:

My order for all the games I have played in the series:

1) Ocarina of Time
2) Breath of the Wild
3) Wind Waker
4) Spirit Tracks
5) Phantom Hourglass
6) Majora's Mask
7) Twilight Princess
8) A Link to the Past
9) The Adventure of Link
10) Link's Awakening
11) The Legend of Zelda

I think Ocarina trumps BoTW purely based on nostalgia and the effect it had on me as a kid. I don't think any game could surpass that experience. I love BoTW but it is missing a couple of key things for me to push Ocarina of the top spot.

Games not included because i have not played them yet:

A Link Between Worlds
Four Swords
Minish Cap
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Skyward Sword
Triforce Heroes



Around the Network
Bri5ol said:
Created an account for this:

My order for all the games I have played in the series:

1) Ocarina of Time
2) Breath of the Wild
3) Wind Waker
4) Spirit Tracks
5) Phantom Hourglass
6) Majora's Mask
7) Twilight Princess
8) A Link to the Past
9) The Adventure of Link
10) Link's Awakening
11) The Legend of Zelda

I think Ocarina trumps BoTW purely based on nostalgia and the effect it had on me as a kid. I don't think any game could surpass that experience. I love BoTW but it is missing a couple of key things for me to push Ocarina of the top spot.

Games not included because i have not played them yet:

A Link Between Worlds
Four Swords
Minish Cap
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Skyward Sword
Triforce Heroes

Welcome to VGChartz, hope you'll stick around and discuss more with us. :)



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I have played them all so here is a long list...

1. Breath of the Wild

2. Majora's Mask

3. Twilight Princess

4. Skyward Sword

5. Wind Waker

6. Link's Awakening (even before the remake)

7. A Link to the Past

8. Ocarina of Time

9. A Link Between Worlds

10. Four Swords Adventures

11. Minish Cap

12. Adventure of Link

13. Spirit Tracks

14. Oracle of Ages/Seasons

15. Legend of Zelda

16. Phantom Hourglass

17. Triforce Heros

18. Four Swords

And that covers the mainline games.  As a bonus...I rank the spin offs in their own list...

1. Hyrule Warriors

2. Link's Crossbow Training

3. Faces of Evil

4. Wand of Gamelon

5. Tingle games

6. Zelda's Adventure



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Bri5ol said:
Created an account for this:

My order for all the games I have played in the series:

1) Ocarina of Time
2) Breath of the Wild
3) Wind Waker
4) Spirit Tracks
5) Phantom Hourglass
6) Majora's Mask
7) Twilight Princess
8) A Link to the Past
9) The Adventure of Link
10) Link's Awakening
11) The Legend of Zelda

I think Ocarina trumps BoTW purely based on nostalgia and the effect it had on me as a kid. I don't think any game could surpass that experience. I love BoTW but it is missing a couple of key things for me to push Ocarina of the top spot.

Games not included because i have not played them yet:

A Link Between Worlds
Four Swords
Minish Cap
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Skyward Sword
Triforce Heroes

That's a good list. Welcome to VGChartz



1. Ocarina of Time
2. Skyward Sword
3. Majora's Mask
4. Twilight Princess
5. Wind Waker
6. A Link Between Worlds
7. Link's Awakening
8. Link to the Past

I have a huge bias for the 3D games All of them are at least a 9/10 to me. Also, still haven't played Breath of the Wild.



Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Skyward Sword
3. Majora's Mask
4. Twilight Princess
5. Wind Waker
6. A Link Between Worlds
7. Link's Awakening
8. Link to the Past

I have a huge bias for the 3D games

You'd have to have one to rank TP above ALBW, LA, and LTTP... :P 

2D and 3D Zelda really feel like different series though to be fair. 



1 Skyward Sword
2 Breath of the Wild
3 Twilight Princess
4 Ocarina of Time
5 Wind Waker
6 A Link Between Worlds
7 Minish Cap
8 Majora's Mask
9 A Link to the Past
10 Spirit Tracks
11 Phantom Hourglass
12 Legend of Zelda
13 Adventure of Link

Haven't played Link's Awakening, Oracle games, Triforce Heroes, or Four Swords games. Will finally play Link's Awakening with the Switch remake.

All the games I've played are legitimately great games with the exception of Adventure of Link. That one I dislike.



Tier A- Great games, genres landmark and outstanding gameplay - 10/10

1) Breath of the Wild - 10

2) The Legend of Zelda - 10

3) Ocarina of Time - 10

Tier B - Good games, excellent gameplay, some problems.- 9-8.5/10

4) Link to the Past - 9

5) Adventure of Link - 9

6) Hyrule Warriors (non-mainline, but is awesome) - 8.5

Tier C - Ok-ishi games, mid-quality gameplay, too many puzzles, less exploration and discovery ( more exploration than discovery) 8.4-6/10

7 ) Twilight Princess - 8.4

8)  Link's Awakening - 8.2

9) Oracle Duo - 8

Tier D - Aonuma Style ( hate it, most don't finished) - 6-1/10

8) Majora Mask - 6 finished

9) A Link Between Worlds - 6 finished

10) Phantom Hourglass - 5

11) Wind Waker  - 5 

12) Spirits Tracks - 4

13) Skyward Sword - 2 (Aonuma wtfk, Zelda without exploration?) 

Last edited by Agente42 - on 17 October 2019

Agente42 said:

Tier B - Good games, excellent gameplay, some problems.- 9-8.5/10

4) Link to the Past - 9

Curious to know what problems you encountered with Link to the Past?



The ones I played:

1- Twilight Princess
2- Wind Waker
3- Breath of the Wild
4- Skyward Sword

Before continuing: these first four are very close for me. If I replayed them again, I may change my mind in the order. The following games are easier for me to classify:

5- Minish Cap
6- A Link Between Worlds
7- Phantom Hourglass
8- Ocarina of Time
9- Majora's Mask
10- A Link to the Past (by a huge margin)