By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest XI S reviews: Meta 90, OC 91

Played this at E3 2018 and the first couple hours of the demo. Enjoying it so far. I'm not as into turn based battles these days but I do at least like that you can speed through the fights plus move about in a 3D space which feels a bit more action-oriented. Also love that the final game will have a 16 bit feature. 

Once I finish up with Diablo III I think this will be my next RPG along with ToV. 

What I REALLY want to see though is a new Dragon Warrior Monster! One of my favorite GBC games back in the day, super underrated Pokemon-esque game.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:
Looks worse and performs worse, cannot take any of those reviews seriously.

It's the "Definitive Edition", that means it's supposed to be that way. The other ports are defective.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Random_Matt said:
Looks worse and performs worse, cannot take any of those reviews seriously.

The graphical differences are trivial. You're stretching.

The content differences puts the overall quality overwhelmingly in favour of the Switch edition.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Random_Matt said:
Shiken said:

Someone's bitter about the exclusive content I see.

Nah, frame rate far outweighs that. 30/sub 30 is barley playable, should always be an automatic penalty in reviews, the only reason it is not is to keep the console gamers happy. 720p and crappy visuals, more point docking should occur, PC versions should always come on top, period.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/589131-dragon-quest-11-switch-definitive-edition-version-differences-vs-ps4-pc

If you don't like the Switch graphics, you might wanna try the exclusive 16 Bit mode.

Last edited by OTBWY - on 27 September 2019

Regardless of how people personally feel about each version, we all should be impressed. Given the power difference between the Switch and Pro, DQ11 is a crazy great port. I never though the Switch version would turn out half as good as it has. I suspect this will sell really well in Japan.

Around the Network

held off on getting the ps4 version for this and boy was I tempted the times its been on sale but it seems the wait was worth it I used my final voucher on this last night

PS4 version with 80+ reviewers. The Switch in the other hand has 25 and people are bitching about 4 points that could easily fluctuate as more reviews come in.

I like the 16 bit graphics the most tbh.

Lryu222 said:
PS4 version with 80+ reviewers. The Switch in the other hand has 25 and people are bitching about 4 points that could easily fluctuate as more reviews come in.

Agreed.  4 points is nothing, well within standard deviation and RSD.  People worry too much about numbers.

Can’t wait to replay, I purposely didn’t do the all of the post content so I can do it in the definitive edition