By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD: Modern Warfare Spec Ops Survival Mode Exclusive for 1 Year

Same case as the expansions of GTAIV

I know the strategy is not good, but I can’t remember people bitching when x360 had a lot of exclusive DLC Deals!

Around the Network

Yeah i thought i would buy cod this year, but i only wanted to play the Campaign and the "Coop" so now its cancelled from my list.

That sucks.. was hoping this was a console exclusive only. *Shrugs* will probably get on PC anyway.

Last edited by hinch - on 27 September 2019

Replicant said:

Ugh, I wish console makers would stop this practice of buying timed exclusive games and DLC from third parties.

And why on earth do publishers/developers think that they can do this to a part of their customer base and still expect them to support their games?

Well, they're not exactly wrong. People have yet to boycott Activi$ion like they did EA with Battlefront II. Look at all the scummy bullshit they pulled with BO4 and yet it was still the second highest-selling game last year behind RDR2.

Seriously, what will it take for people to stop buying their games?

thismeintiel said:

Meh. Xbox fans didn't get bent out of shape when they got to brag about exclusive content last gen. Now that Sony has it, it's all of a sudden a bad thing. It doesn't really affect all that many people, anyway, since most play it on PS4. So those crying about it now, when they loved the 360 getting it, and the timed exclusives the XBO got, get no sympathy from me.

Eh, it was wrong then, and it's wrong now, but at least it was only a month for timed-exclusive map packs last gen when the game was still being supported as opposed to an entire game mode being locked behind 1 system for an entire year, which is basically the game's entire life cycle. By the time it drops on XB1 and PC, the next CoD will already be out, so it's pointless.

But yeah, funny how those bragging about being the beneficiary of shady timed-exclusive content instead of seeing it for the shady practice it is regardless of brand are getting bent out of shape now that the tables have turned.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
KManX89 said:

Eh, it was wrong then, and it's wrong now, but at least it was only a month for timed-exclusive map packs last gen when the game was still being supported as opposed to an entire game mode being locked behind 1 system for an entire year, which is basically the game's entire life cycle. By the time it drops on XB1 and PC, the next CoD will already be out, so it's pointless.

But yeah, funny how those bragging about being the beneficiary of shady timed-exclusive content instead of seeing it for the shady practice it is regardless of brand are getting bent out of shape now that the tables have turned.

where you at trash talking microsoft when they bought time exclusivity for games like PUBG, tomb raider , black desert online etc etc etc

Seeing how I'm on PS4, I was pissed as all hell about the Rise of the Tomb Raider deal.

I'm not defending PS4's year-long timed exclusivity for the Spec Ops Survival Mode (in which case, it might as well be a full-on exclusive mode for PS4, see above), but I do think it's funny that those bragging about getting timed-exclusive content on Xbox (or even timed-exclusive games in most cases) are getting bent out of shape now.

Angry Joe was pissed about both: 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
let me show my outrage and pretend i care about a game mode that i would probably play for five minutes tops if this was on the platform i have feelings for and let me pretend i always cared about these practices when in fact i never gave a shit or liked them when my beloved brand was doing it or does it all the time too. Let me pretend i will not buy a game i will never intended to buy or pretend to care so much about this that i will spam every piece online about this that i will boycott the game when in fact i have it preordered since e3.

Also let me start a petition !?!? And insult the devs online too.

People aren't allowed to be upset about a really shitty practices like this? Come'on man. This is one of the most played franchises on xbox, playstation, and pc. Of course a large portion of people will be upset. People complained about map packs launching early too when it first happened, but at least it was only a month. Sony kept that deal going this generation, so people didn't really make a fuss because Xbox did it last gen. This is taking it way further than that. I'm pretty sure MS hasn't made any deals with locking content away on same day releases of other platforms for a 3rd party game. Sony has done it multiple times now. 

smroadkill15 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
let me show my outrage and pretend i care about a game mode that i would probably play for five minutes tops if this was on the platform i have feelings for and let me pretend i always cared about these practices when in fact i never gave a shit or liked them when my beloved brand was doing it or does it all the time too. Let me pretend i will not buy a game i will never intended to buy or pretend to care so much about this that i will spam every piece online about this that i will boycott the game when in fact i have it preordered since e3.

People aren't allowed to be upset about a really shitty practices like this? Come'on man. This is one of the most played franchises on xbox, playstation, and pc. Of course a large portion of people will be upset. People complained about map packs launching early too when it first happened, but at least it was only a month. Sony kept that deal going this generation, so people didn't really make a fuss because Xbox did it last gen. This is taking it way further than that. I'm pretty sure MS hasn't made any deals with locking content away on same day releases of other platforms for a 3rd party game. Sony has done it multiple times now. 

The reason MS hasn’t done it is because publishers don’t want to lock their content to a platform that has a tiny amount of players compared to the competition. If Sony doesn’t make these deals they’d just go to MS and the content would be locked to a console no one plays. 

smroadkill15 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Learn to read, bro. You can’t be upset about it because over a decade ago on this forum some Xbox guys that have likely been gone from this board for a decade supposedly gloated about 30 day map pack access to paid DLC. So you totally can’t complain about day one content being missing in your same $60 game. It makes complete sense and is the exact same scenario.

LudicrousSpeed said:
smroadkill15 said:

Learn to read, bro. You can’t be upset about it because over a decade ago on this forum some Xbox guys that have likely been gone from this board for a decade supposedly gloated about 30 day map pack access to paid DLC. So you totally can’t complain about day one content being missing in your same $60 game. It makes complete sense and is the exact same scenario.

I think the logic these companies use is that if you’re an Xbox gamer your standards gotta be so low that this won’t even phase you.

User was Banned for Trolling due to this post, among others - cycycychris

Last edited by cycycychris - on 28 September 2019