By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD: Modern Warfare Spec Ops Survival Mode Exclusive for 1 Year

twintail said:
Replicant said:

Ugh, I wish console makers would stop this practice of buying timed exclusive games and DLC from third parties.

And why on earth do publishers/developers think that they can do this to a part of their customer base and still expect them to support their games?

Shouldn't you want publishers to not offer this content to be bought?

Of course. Hence the "why on earth do publishers do this".

Around the Network

I don't care. I did not care about the same garbage when it was on the 360 either. While the practice is pointless IMO, its CoD...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Meh. Xbox fans didn't get bent out of shape when they got to brag about exclusive content last gen. Now that Sony has it, it's all of a sudden a bad thing. It doesn't really affect all that many people, anyway, since most play it on PS4. So those crying about it now, when they loved the 360 getting it, and the timed exclusives the XBO got, get no sympathy from me.

Barkley said:
Should have been Epic Game Store exclusive on PC though.

How, when Acti has Battlenet as their main store to sell the game?.

They aren't doing the two store idea that only Ubi/MS are doing, since the last CoD on PC was made battlenet exclusive. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Garbage practice.

This is on another level than timed DLC.

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
NathanSSSS said:
Great for PS players, I don't care any shit about COD tho

How is this great for PS players when it means anyone on PS4 who wanted to play this mode or all the modes with their friends on PC/XB1 can't even do that now since it's not even gonna be available for them on those systems? It affects and downgrades the game all across the board on everything, literally nobody benefits from this. They made a huge deal about cross-play and everything being on time equally but right from the start there's already going to be something walled off between which system you have. It ruins it completely. 

Hell, I was already planning on buying it for PS4  before this news so it's not like I would be missing out on the game mode, but this is absolutely a scummy decision on Activision and Sony's part. 

Because no friends of mine is really active Xbox one player and using controller to compete against PC players who use mouse/keyboard is unfair af, end of story, I guess

Chazore said:
Barkley said:
Should have been Epic Game Store exclusive on PC though.

How, when Acti has Battlenet as their main store to sell the game?.

They aren't doing the two store idea that only Ubi/MS are doing, since the last CoD on PC was made battlenet exclusive. 

Forgot CoD was releasing on battle.net now. That's a shame, but it's still not on Steam so that's something.

Barkley said:

Forgot CoD was releasing on battle.net now. That's a shame, but it's still not on Steam so that's something.

Yeah, no user reviews to warn people about the macro and MT's, as well as a smaller server pool to play with.

Not really a better deal for CoD on PC.

Why does it have to be kept of Steam anyway?. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Oh look, timed exclusive content, what a novel concept.

But essentially locking other platforms out of content for the duration of its lifespan is a whole other level of shady.

Oh and Activision confirms loot boxes will be in the game as well, why am I not surprised?

derpysquirtle64 said:
This is really the worst business practice in the whole gaming industry I guess. Even moneyhatting third party exclusives timed or not doesn't feel as bad as something like this. It at least can help a bit to polish the game for one specific platform so the overall product quality can be higher compared to multiplatform release. But when platform holder pays to the publisher to cut something from already finished product on other platforms it is really inexcusable. I wouldn't surprise if the content of this mode is already exists in PC/Xbox One versions and will just be locked out until October 2020.

To be fair, it was probably Activision who offered Sony the timed-exclusive Spec Ops Survival Mode, not the other way around. We all know Acti likes to milk every last dime they possibly can out of their games and they get even more money with exclusivity deals, timed or otherwise.

I mean, yeah, they could've said no, but what platform holder in their right mind wouldn't accept timed exclusive content handed to them on a silver platter?

No, I'm not defending this, I'm on PS4, and even I think it's bullshit. I said the same thing about the Back in Black Maps on BO3, locking them exclusively behind digital pre-orders for BO4 on PS4. I'm just saying it was probably Acti who who brokered this, not Sony.