By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Fall of Xbox - Video by Videogamedunkey

His channel is bigger than Xbox Official Youtube channels LMAO and many people agree with him. This will be a bad PR for Microsoft especially what he said is true and already confirmed by many people and gaming Jurno along time ago. And dayum that trending and that likes ratio. It's sure it's bad and than he mentioned "who need Scarlet ???". Scarlet is officially doomed before it's even born LOL.

I never knew he such fan of Playstation and Nintendo , i thought he more of middle guy and casual gamers. But seeing this big Youtubers pick a side and many people agree. It's just a confirmation that there is a true behind this and behind what he said to.

Around the Network

I think the video Jim Sterling put out yesterday is far more important and accurate.

RJTM1991 said:
However, Halo 5 was a great game. Sure, the campaign was lacking, but the multiplayer was the series' best. Gears 4 was good, much better than Judgment, and Gears 5 is quite possibly the best entry in the series there too. Sure, they may not be as groundbreaking as they were years ago, but they're still incredible games.

The Multiplayer only got decent once Microsoft introduced more maps to Warzone, implemented the Theatre, Forge, file browser, mutations/custom game modes.
It still lacks split screen.
And we can't forget the REQ system either which adds no strategic or gameplay value.

So series best? I would argue that the likes of Halo 3 were superior.

Chris Hu said:

Like someone already said it just ended up being a stupid list war video.  Also there are plenty of good games on XBox consoles besides Halo I played close to 500 games on all the X Box consoles and I barely played Halo.  So yeah what said stands the guy should rename himself videogamedummy.

There was a ton of exclusives on the 360 that didn't get a mention, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and The Broken Bond, Lost Odyssey, Forza, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery... But yeah. Just turned into a list war video.

In saying that, he isn't wrong about the Xbox One, it doesn't really have any exclusives, it's a console that really doesn't seem to be as highly regarded as the Xbox 360. (Deserved or not.)

SammyGiireal said:

Microsoft lacks an open world game that can compete with HZD and BotW for example. They have Fable but they haven't touched that franchise on this gen. 

I honestly wish they never closed Lionhead who were one of my favorite developers before Microsoft purchased them and turned them into the "Fable Studio".

Same goes for Ensemble and Digital Anvil.

They made quality titles, sure... Lionhead dropped the ball with Fable 3, but it was still an enjoyable title, it just needed more development time to flesh out the game so there wasn't a giant time jump.

HollyGamer said:

It's sure it's bad and than he mentioned "who need Scarlet ???". Scarlet is officially doomed before it's even born LOL.

A bit of a stretch to assert something as definitive before it's even started.

It will all come down to the games in the end, especially if Microsoft is able to pump out more quality titles like Gears 5 that showcases the Ray Tracing potential of the console.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Azzanation said:
SammyGiireal said:

I disagree about the implosion.  Both the PS3 and the 360 were successful in their gen with Sony winning by a small margin but building enough mid to late gen exclusives in order to carry over into this current gen. The Wiis success with the casual market is the only strange occurrence in the past two gens, and Nintendo paid for it (conquering the casual non habitual gamers while losing the hardcore gamers to Sony and Microsoft) with the Wii U.  There was no implosion from a front runner, both MS and Sony were in a good standing prior to Don Mattricks folly. If anything the PS3 closed out the strongest last gen.

Sorry Sammy, the PS3 lost more money last gen than any other console maker and at a time when Sony as a brand was falling, the PS3 almost added the nail in the coffin. 

As a major business standpoint the PS3 was a flop. The 360 would be too however there income and revenue gain from Live members would have eaten up a lot of the costs of the 360 and Red Ring of Death issues and actually probably made the 360 profitable (However MS doesn't show Membership profits in there end of year results). Hence why Sony followed suit this gen with the PS4.

The XB1 might have also come out the gate similar to the PS3, but the XB1 isn't a flop interms of a business profiting stand point, its just the PS4 is making a lot more money this time around. I don't believe the XB1 has lost MS billions like the PS3 or 360 has in the past. Its why MS are still making consoles next gen, its not about the sales numbers eclipsing the other sales numbers, its all about the profits and Xbox consoles profit the most through memberships.

https://www.vg247.com/2013/01/07/xbox-360-and-ps3-losses-total-8-billion-ex-sony-employee-paints-grim-future/

360 sold 85m Lost $3b 

PS3 sold 87m Lost $5b

A 2m sales difference in platform sales and yet a $2b more lost overall, I would say you would much rather the lower sale platform than the extra billions lost. Also add the fact last gen Xbox 360 also sold more software overall and had income from millions of live members makes this a no brainer in which console is more successful than the other.

Good points to know. But wouldn't you say that Sony's PS3's late gen push recovered a lot of gamers with exclusives and thus outsold the 360 paving the way for the PS4s crushing success. Sony was the favorite this gen they had built the momentum, no one imploded. 

Pemalite said:
RJTM1991 said:
However, Halo 5 was a great game. Sure, the campaign was lacking, but the multiplayer was the series' best. Gears 4 was good, much better than Judgment, and Gears 5 is quite possibly the best entry in the series there too. Sure, they may not be as groundbreaking as they were years ago, but they're still incredible games.

The Multiplayer only got decent once Microsoft introduced more maps to Warzone, implemented the Theatre, Forge, file browser, mutations/custom game modes.
It still lacks split screen.
And we can't forget the REQ system either which adds no strategic or gameplay value.

So series best? I would argue that the likes of Halo 3 were superior.

Chris Hu said:

Like someone already said it just ended up being a stupid list war video.  Also there are plenty of good games on XBox consoles besides Halo I played close to 500 games on all the X Box consoles and I barely played Halo.  So yeah what said stands the guy should rename himself videogamedummy.

There was a ton of exclusives on the 360 that didn't get a mention, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and The Broken Bond, Lost Odyssey, Forza, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery... But yeah. Just turned into a list war video.

In saying that, he isn't wrong about the Xbox One, it doesn't really have any exclusives, it's a console that really doesn't seem to be as highly regarded as the Xbox 360. (Deserved or not.)

SammyGiireal said:

Microsoft lacks an open world game that can compete with HZD and BotW for example. They have Fable but they haven't touched that franchise on this gen. 

I honestly wish they never closed Lionhead who were one of my favorite developers before Microsoft purchased them and turned them into the "Fable Studio".

Same goes for Ensemble and Digital Anvil.

They made quality titles, sure... Lionhead dropped the ball with Fable 3, but it was still an enjoyable title, it just needed more development time to flesh out the game so there wasn't a giant time jump.

HollyGamer said:

It's sure it's bad and than he mentioned "who need Scarlet ???". Scarlet is officially doomed before it's even born LOL.

A bit of a stretch to assert something as definitive before it's even started.

It will all come down to the games in the end, especially if Microsoft is able to pump out more quality titles like Gears 5 that showcases the Ray Tracing potential of the console.

Fable 2 is one of my faves games ever, by comparison Fable 3 was a bit of a letdown indeed but I still appreciated the title. I am hoping the series comes back at some point in an open world setting like Zelda.

Around the Network

I guess I need to break down and watch the video. Personally the Xbox One is my most used gaming device this gen (I own 4 and purchased 7 this gen--three are gifts). I also have two PS4s, a Switch, a Wii U, 4 3DSs, and a Vita.

A lot of the features I despised at the beginning of the gen with the Xbox One reveal actually turned out not to be bad at all--especially since I made the jump to full digital on all of my consoles in 2015. Yeah, it lacks exclusives but it's my 3rd party hardware of choice and I love the non-ganing bells and whistles.

Also fun fact: I've initiated a class action lawsuit against M$. I can't go into details yet. Maybe not for a couple of years...

Last edited by d21lewis - on 20 September 2019

This coming year will be a crucial time. Everyone who loves videogaming needs to do their part in making sure MS never rises from the ashes of XB1.
MS is a blight on this industry and the artistic integrity of videogames and the sooner they leave it the better it is for all of us.

User was banned for this post among others -cycycychris

Last edited by cycycychris - on 21 September 2019

Sarkar said:
This coming year will be a crucial time. Everyone who loves videogaming needs to do their part in making sure MS never rises from the ashes of XB1.
MS is a blight on this industry and the artistic integrity of videogames and the sooner they leave it the better it is for all of us.

Sarkar said:

Bahahahahaha, good one mate.......................... wait, you're serious? er welp, this is embarrassing. 

SammyGiireal said:
super_etecoon said:

How is this statement even remotely true?  Nintendo consistently updates and revamps their franchises, often to the chagrin of their most ardent fans.  Certainly they continue to use the same characters, but to suggest they use the same blueprint shows either a lack of knowledge about the history of these titles, or a very expansive view of what the Mario or Zelda blueprints are.  For comparison, check out the COD formula or Final Fantasy.  I'm probably going to regret even getting involved in this conversation, but I for one am tired of this consistent argument made by people that just don't like the Mushroom Kingdom and Hyrule.  I suppose it might be like how I might think a specific genre of music all sounds the same, while other people would be able to cut that genre into 15 different sub-genres and claim that as diversity.

But to suggest that Nintendo ever gets a pass and that people aren't nit-picky about them would be to ignore almost every forum post in the last 15 years.

Indeed. Nintendo has never gotten a pass. Infact Super Mario 3D World while excellent was panned on forums ( it didn't really help the Wii U sell either but the Wii U had many issues) Nintendo actually has it rougher than most. People usually expect excellence from their Zelda and Mario main releases, if a Zelda is not a 10/10 game people start complaining about it. Nintendo never gets a pass if BotW and Mario Odyssey are top ten all time games it is because Nintendo always strives for excellence and innovation with in their own IPs. BotW is a prime example of this, with in its open world the game does things that no other open world game does.

I think that just highlights the problem, their games are criticized by gamers, but a mainline Mario/Zelda game will always be a 90+ rated game. The critics do go too easy on these two franchises and also Rockstar when throwing out those 10s.

And it's super obvious too, because these games regularly lose out the GOTY awards to lower rated titles when everyone starts voting for the best game of the year. Which just proves that even critics don't believe these games are as good as they rated them.