By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Fall of Xbox - Video by Videogamedunkey

Dunkey is a God, video is pretty much nail on the head, I was expecting more a comedy video from him but nope, does it direct and fairly cutting breakdown of why the system and their whole division is pointless right now.

Also

#11 ON TRENDING FOR GAMING
The Fall of Xbox

I love Dunkey but didn't know he was that huge, some of his Mario Maker videos are gold btw if you guys haven't seen them, he's really good at games as well as being a funny youtuber.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Xbox brought the backlash on themselves. The way they handled the XB1's launch caused millions to jump ship to the PS4.

However, Halo 5 was a great game. Sure, the campaign was lacking, but the multiplayer was the series' best. Gears 4 was good, much better than Judgment, and Gears 5 is quite possibly the best entry in the series there too. Sure, they may not be as groundbreaking as they were years ago, but they're still incredible games.

I adore Nintendo, but... For almost thirty years, they stuck to the same blueprint with Zelda and Mario. Pokemon hasn't changed since the 90s as well. Why do those titles get a pass, but others get overly nit-picked?

I thought the video would go more in depth with the failings, instead it kind of ended up being a lists war.

Pretty much spot on. I had an xbox one a few years ago and never turned it on due to also having a ps4.

The video is BS not that I would expect anything better from a Youtuber with Videogamedunkey as user name I think he should change it to Vidoegamedummy that would be more fitting.

Around the Network
Radek said:
Chris Hu said:
The video is BS not that I would expect anything better from a Youtuber with Videogamedunkey as user name I think he should change it to Vidoegamedummy that would be more fitting.

What exactly is BS about the video? How about you provide evidence on anything that is false in that video before trashing the YouTuber.

Like someone already said it just ended up being a stupid list war video.  Also there are plenty of good games on XBox consoles besides Halo I played close to 500 games on all the X Box consoles and I barely played Halo.  So yeah what said stands the guy should rename himself videogamedummy.

This video is about 4 years too late.

Microsoft sucks was way better.

RJTM1991 said:
Xbox brought the backlash on themselves. The way they handled the XB1's launch caused millions to jump ship to the PS4.

However, Halo 5 was a great game. Sure, the campaign was lacking, but the multiplayer was the series' best. Gears 4 was good, much better than Judgment, and Gears 5 is quite possibly the best entry in the series there too. Sure, they may not be as groundbreaking as they were years ago, but they're still incredible games.

I adore Nintendo, but... For almost thirty years, they stuck to the same blueprint with Zelda and Mario. Pokemon hasn't changed since the 90s as well. Why do those titles get a pass, but others get overly nit-picked?

Don Mattrick set the Xbox brsnd on a downward spiral. That E3 2013 will haunt them for a long time.  Zelda and Mario are not a valid comparison. Breath of the Wild shook up the formula, as did Mario Odyssey. Critically speaking they are amongst the 10 greatest games ever made. 

Microsoft hasn't been as lucky with their IPs. Halo stopped being a great game since Halo Reach. Believe it or not great part of Halo's appeal was it's wonderful single player campaigns, it matters. Gears of War seems to have found its stride again with this last installment.

But Microsoft still lacking quality exclusives in comparison to Sony and Nintendo. Microsoft lacks an open world game that can compete with HZD and BotW for example. They have Fable but they haven't touched that franchise on this gen.  Last Year Sony Had God of War, Microsoft has nothing to compete with that, or with the upcoming Last of Us 2. I haven't even mentioned Death Stranding, and the FF7 Remake. Microsoft lost a lot of ground this gen, they better come out with some new IPs (That Garner critical praise) next gen right out of the gates if they want to catch up.

I stopped watching Dunkey, the moment he mocked criticism towards his videos and lack of in-depth talks. All he does now is toss in a few memes and think's he's funny shit 99% of the time,.

Last edited by Chazore - on 19 September 2019

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

RJTM1991 said:

The Zelda and Mario series are known for drastically changing things up with almost every entry. Go from oot to MM to WW, to TP to BOTW. Mario went from 64 to sunshine to galaxy 1/2 to 3d world/land to odyssey. These series have never done the same thing for more than two games in a row. Your right about Pokemon