By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 2020 predictions

We're in the final stretches of 2019, and Nintendo's lineup for the rest od the year is pretty much locked. So now it's time to look to the future. With the 3DS now fully in it's grave, Nintendo is now near 100% dedicated to the Switch, and 2020 will be an interesting beast. Next gen systems are arriving, and the Switch will be in its third year. Nintendo will need games and lots of them, so let's predict/make a wishlist for their 2020 lineup.

January:

• Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Ecore

February: 

• Game & Watch Museum

March:

• Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 04 - Magic Kit

• Animal Crossing: New Horizons

April:

• Puzzle League: Forever

• WarioWare: Freestyle

• New Casual IP

May:

• Splatoon: Splat-Bit Hero (8-Bit spin off of Splatoon)

• Pikmin 3 Deluxe

• Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

June:

• New Rhythm Heaven Team IP

• Super Wario Land

July:

• Mario Golf: World Tour

• Nintendo Detective Club Collection

August:

• Fire Emblem: Clashing Fates (ArcSys Fire Emblem Fighter)

• Mario Story: The Shadow Kingdom Chronicles (Evolution of Mario & Luigi series)

• ARMS 2

September:

• New MonolithSoft IP

• Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 05 - Adventure Kit

October:

• FRESH Super Mario

November:

• Super Mario Party: Lunar

• NES Remix 1+2
  • SNES Remix

December:

• Bayonetta 3

Last edited by TheMisterManGuy - on 18 September 2019

Around the Network

ignoreing the remakes,....

The "big" impactfull titles from that list would be "Animal Crossing" + "Mario Story" + "bayonetta 3".

Compaired to "Ghost of Tsushima" + "Final Fantasy 7 Remake" + "Last of Us part 2".
I think Sony has "bigger" heavy hitters in 2020.

Nintendo should have more, than what your list shows imo.

I can't really put a month on anything expect Xenoblade which i think is being released in April. As for other games I think Bayonetta 3 and Super Mario Odyssey 2 will happen some time in the fall

I hope Nintendo brings NES Remix over to the Switch next year. Those little bite-sized missions are ideal on the go or if you just want to play for a couple minutes.

One Question I have is: Will there still be an annual Pokemon on the Switch? If yes, then there's an instant hit for the holidays already.

What else I expect (out of unannounced titles): A New Mario Sports title and a Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi. I also hope for a new Advance Wars, but that's probably more unlikely.

What I dream of (pretty much 100% certain not gonna happen):Captain N: The Game Master. New TV series and a Spinoff action-adventure game. Has pretty much the entire cast of Smash Ultimate, including some of the Spirits...

Do you think SMT V will release in 2020? They're certainly taking their time with it, probably all of the P5 stuff is taking their workforce off it. That and general slow development process.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Botw 2 for the holiday. New IP from the arms dev. I seriously can’t imagine what else is coming

Tomodachi life 2 or whatever. That IP has serious 10m+ potential on the Switch.
OT. If there are new LABO games, they will be #5 and 6.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

All I think of is that they will go aggressive next fall/holiday season with probably a price cut and big games. I can see Botw sequel in September like Links awakening, Mario in october/November and with another big game like Bayonetta 3 and SMTV in December or sum.

Something Pikmin related, hopefully. Pikmin is top 5 franchises all time for me. The lack of love Nintendo is giving the series annoys me. More Pikmin.

I tend to think that Nintendo will have, on average, about 1 first party game per month. Of course they tend to have fewer and lower budget games during the first half of the year with their heavy hitters in the 2nd half of the year. But in the end I think they will still average about 1 per month.

On the other hand each year the Switch has been out the number of third party games released has been greater than the year before. I believe 2020 will be no different.