By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 31 August 2019

Mar1217 said:
zorg1000 said:

Ya last Aug was ~205k, this site has this Aug at ~265k.

But most of it's grow is coming solely from Japan (this would leave a 25K growth in the west + rest of the world), I'm kinda septic to the idea that the sales of the new SKU had virtually almost no impact in the west when you look at what it did in Japan.

I gave US monthly sales

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Mar1217 said:

But most of it's grow is coming solely from Japan (this would leave a 25K growth in the west + rest of the world), I'm kinda septic to the idea that the sales of the new SKU had virtually almost no impact in the west when you look at what it did in Japan.

I gave US monthly sales

Oops, my fault then. I thought that you used the Global charts numbers from last year.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

The Switch-Xbone lifetime gap is now down to just 6 million.

Also, Switch well above every other platform combined for the week.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Great switch numbers. But I have to really question the other regions sales. Absolutely no change with the revision at all? Japan ate it up, but the rest were just business as usual? I'm not sure I buy that. But, great overall growth anyhow.

The ps4 doing well as usual, and had a good month. The xbox just riding off into the sunset until scarlett... kind of sad but, these things happen when a company gets cocky.

Cant wait to see what happens when the mini comes.... everywhere I look and go, the mini is sold out and has been since it went up for presale.

I wanted to get one for my daughter but, damn... I still cant and I probably wont be able to for atleast a few weeks. It's going to be a very healthy rest of the year for Nintendo.

Very good boost, considering it's still in August, for NS.
Nice performance of PS4, that despite beaten, resists around its average weekly sales for this period this year.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

How are people even able to still buy new VITAs in Japan? Haven't they stopped making them like half a year ago?

Radek said:

How are people even able to still buy new VITAs in Japan? Haven't they stopped making them like half a year ago?

At the extremely slow rate they're selling, the final few shipments might take a while to gradually drip dry.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 14 September 2019

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

The difference for the top console at the end of its life cycle holding strong and the loser faded away and still a year until the new cycle.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

curl-6 said:
Radek said:

At the extremely slow rate they're selling, the final few shipments might take a while to gradually drip dry.

Yeah, it's kind of like how you could still buy new NES and SMS systems as late as the PS2 era new at retail despite being out of production for nearly a decade. The same thing happened with the Saturn, it was the first console to be discontinued that generation (by far) but the last one you saw sitting dusty on shelves after the end of the generation.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Anyway, great to see the Switch doing so well! I am a gigantic supporter of the direction Nintendo is going. I also like the shift back toward Wii style games, which I feel is the current weakness in its lineup, as the joycons feel a bit underutilized after they showed so much promise in the console previews. I miss the party games of the Wii era, the closest thing that exists is Mario Kart, and that's more of a sober office gettogether type game than an all-out party experience like WarioWare, Guitar Hero, or Just Dance. I am looking forward to seeing a reemergence of motion-based and party-based gaming in 2020 and beyond. 

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.