By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's New Fit Game (Ring Fit Adventure™)

Interest Level?

Getting at launch! 9 24.32%

Might pick it up eventually 11 29.73%

Leaning towards no 3 8.11%

Not a chance! 13 35.14%

Other 1 2.70%

Total:37

I'll get one once I get a new TV (living with my dad since we moved back to Luxembourg)

Around the Network

I haven't a NS, and I haven't had the opportunity to try it at stores either, yet, but while, from what I read, I'd prefer it more hardcore, it looks like a great game concept anyway. Good job, Ninty.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

curl-6 said:

I'm itching to get some global sales numbers for this, it seems to be doing a quite well, but I'd love to know just how well.

Same here! Japan numbers are doing amazing, up 2% this week from last!

ninjapirate42 said:
curl-6 said:

I'm itching to get some global sales numbers for this, it seems to be doing a quite well, but I'd love to know just how well.

Hopefully at Ninty's next quarterly report at the end of Jan they give us numbers. Annoying though, if it's a slow burner after that we may not get any further reports, which is a shame as I'd love to know it's lifetime sales at the end of the day, I reckon it could surpass any of their other new IPs on Switch so far by quite a bit.

curl-6 said:
ninjapirate42 said:

Hopefully at Ninty's next quarterly report at the end of Jan they give us numbers. Annoying though, if it's a slow burner after that we may not get any further reports, which is a shame as I'd love to know it's lifetime sales at the end of the day, I reckon it could surpass any of their other new IPs on Switch so far by quite a bit.

And (going a bit on the other thread about Arms success vs failure) that is what success looks like. A new IP that gains traction and creates or reinvigorates a market. Additionally, Ring Fit is beginning to look like the biggest sleeper hit success story on Nintendo hardware since Just Dance on the Wii.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
ninjapirate42 said:

If the game keeps running like that on it's long legs, then it may very well get into the list of bestselling games for the Switch

btw, I really wish Nintendo extended that one to 20 titles...

Jumpin said:
curl-6 said:

And (going a bit on the other thread about Arms success vs failure) that is what success looks like. A new IP that gains traction and creates or reinvigorates a market. Additionally, Ring Fit is beginning to look like the biggest sleeper hit success story on Nintendo hardware since Just Dance on the Wii.

Yeah after several attempts to lukewarm results, it looks like Ring Fit could be Nintendo's first breakout success for a new IP since Splatoon.

Ring Fit will definitely have more limited potential than Wii Fit, as it's a bit more complex. I tried to show my mom the game and her head was spinning lol (though it was a somewhat brief haphazard demo on my part). Still, it certainly has the potential to get several million in sales easily. There are many even more casual gamers out there who are looking for a fun way to workout and actually break a sweat while playing at least a semi-nuanced game. Wii Fit for all its groundbreaking attributes and unique qualities still tends to feel more like a demo with mainly a yoga/minigame focus, whereas Ring Fit actually feels like a true fitness game. My legs were really feeling it after just a week or so of playing ha.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Anyone knows what the special coins (3 big coins in each level) are for.

RolStoppable said:
jenpol said:
Anyone knows what the special coins (3 big coins in each level) are for.

Experience points. If I remember correctly, the first one gives 50, the second one 150, the last one 300, so there's a benefit to grabbing all of them in a single playthrough of a level. The values are displayed briefly on the right side of the screen when you collect them, just like the items you pick up.

Since the necessary EXP to level up don't grow much over time, these 500 extra EXP per stage remain valuable for a long time. There are no completionist marks on stages, so there's no record to show if you collected all coins in any given stage.

Thank you :)