By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreamcast is 20! Favourite of the Dreamcast's Best-Selling Games?

Dreamcast is 20! Favourite of the Dreamcast's Best-Selling Games?

Sonic Adventure 166 20.54%

Crazy Taxi 107 13.24%

Shenmue 161 19.93%

NFL 2K1 8 0.99%

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica 157 19.43%

Seaman 16 1.98%

Sega Rally 2 26 3.22%

Virtua Fighter 3 24 2.97%

SoulCalibur 142 17.57%

Virtua Striker 2 1 0.12%

Total:808

Soul Calibur. I played Soul Edge on the PS1 and up to SC4. But none of them came close to have je ne sais quoi. And no other fighting game except Tekken 3. The Soul Edge intro on its own is unrivaled to this day though.

530 votes? Does VGC even have this many members?

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

I haven't played many of Dreamcast's classic games, from the poll I have only played Sonic Adventure, despite being a really bad game/trainwreck in a lot of aspects, it has a unique form of dumb "fun" to it, so I guess I'll go with that.

My favs tend to not be best sellers on a platform.

It's sad that nobody bought Skies of Arcadia. Personally, I think it was the best game on Dreamcast.

Zoombael said:

Soul Calibur. I played Soul Edge on the PS1 and up to SC4. But none of them came close to have je ne sais quoi. And no other fighting game except Tekken 3. The Soul Edge intro on its own is unrivaled to this day though.

530 votes? Does VGC even have this many members?

A lot of us just read the threads.

Around the Network

Love Crazy Taxi - very thrilling game that feels so uniquely "arcade-like" with now exciting and fast-paced it is.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

From that list, easily NFL2K1. Not only was it an incredible game but it launched online NFL on consoles.

Overall, probably Phantasy Star Online or Quake 3: Arena.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. I actually have MvC2 on Dreamcast, PS2, and PS3. It needs another re-release.

I really enjoyed Soul Calibur. Have to be that game for me. Dreamcast was a solid system.