By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
COKTOE said:

That was a very interesting video. Again, nothing against 5, but that really shows how good Gears 2 was.

Gears 2 is an amazing game but can i say something. Gears 5 doesnt need to do half the things Gears 2 does to be a better game.

Gears 5 is a better looking game, offers a wider colour gammet, brings in a openworld, renders 4k @ 60 on the X and PC, has a better narrative than any Gears game before it and the mechanics have been polished up in all aspects. 

This is a game that needs to be played not watched. I say this as iv played and finished all Gears games and its the best one iv played regardless of any cut backs that might be present in the video.

The User Score for Gears 5 speaks for itself. I suggest check it out for yourself, its free on GamePass or return it if unhappy. Nothing to lose giving it a crack.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:

That was a very interesting video. Again, nothing against 5, but that really shows how good Gears 2 was.

Gears 2 is an amazing game but can i say something. Gears 5 doesnt need to do half the things Gears 2 does to be a better game.

Gears 5 is a better looking game, offers a wider colour gammet, brings in a openworld, renders 4k @ 60 on the X and PC, has a better narrative than any Gears game before it and the mechanics have been polished up in all aspects. 

This is a game that needs to be played not watched. I say this as iv played and finished all Gears games and its the best one iv played regardless of any cut backs that might be present in the video.

The User Score for Gears 5 speaks for itself. I suggest check it out for yourself, its free on GamePass or return it if unhappy. Nothing to lose giving it a crack.

Azzanation said:
COKTOE said:

I am currently running a laptop I bought in 2015 into the ground. It wouldn't be worth it on this old war horse. And I'm doing good in not buying more games recently since I overbought for the platforms I already have. I still don't own Spider Man or GT Sport for example, thanks to my new found sensibilty. So an Xbox is very unlikely as well. Gears 5, if it is in my future, won't be happening anytime soon.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Radek said:
Azzanation said:

Stop spreading miss-information... it doesn't render at 4K 60 fps, it uses dynamic resolution scaling that renders as low as 1080p which is 1/4th of native 4K, it's a marketing gimmick to push X sales, It's still impressive looking game sure but it's not a 4K 60 fps game on the X by any means.

Yes. X got dynamic 4K resolution : sometimes it's 1584p, sometimes it's 1728p, sometimes it's 2160p (4K native). Source : https://youtu.be/9BiQaRO2oco?t=174

Tell me if I misunderstood guys.

Chris Hu said:
StriderKiwi said:

Ignore the haters. Crackdown 3 and Dead Rising 4 this is not.

Gears 5 is the type of exclusive Microsoft has been desperately in need of for some time now. The campaign has gone above and beyond any of the Gears titles I've played, and is far better than the Coalition's last two efforts.

I think the lack of Gears threads here can be chalked up to the majority of the sites members being Nintendo, Playstation and PC gamers, and the fact that there are a couple of members who generally hate all things Xbox, quality not withstanding.

If you own an Xbox, I highly recommend this title.

And thus far, I have not encountered any BS loot box shenanigans, or even extreme microtransaction crap like one would expect from Moneysoft. It's like they really wanted this one to succeed.

What Microsoft games actually have micotransactions there haven't been any lately.  Also the whole uproar about the loot boxes in Forza Motorsports 7 was complete BS since they where completely optional and where bought with in game currency and not via micotransactions.

Halo 5 was the prime offender, the big new mode "Warzone" was ruined by it. Also all the numbered Forza series games I've played were monetized to hell and back. Can't remember if  Gears 4 had anything, I barely played it. 

Around the Network
Radek said:
Keiji said:

Yes. X got dynamic 4K resolution : sometimes it's 1584p, sometimes it's 1728p, sometimes it's 2160p (4K native). Source : https://youtu.be/9BiQaRO2oco?t=174

Tell me if I misunderstood guys.

You can't call something 4K if it drops as low as 1584p and sometimes it actually drops as low as 1080p 50 fps, that's not a 4K 60 fps game, let's just be honest here.

I agree with you. I was just giving the source.

Are you sure X can drop to 1080p ? I didn't find this number.

d21lewis said:

I don't see anyone talking about this game on this site. I didn't want to be the one to make the thread because the game deserves screenshots, videos, etc. and I don't really make posts like that anymore. If somebody makes a better thread, I'll gladly lock this one 

Anyway, I'm playing on Xbox One X and the game looks and plays incredibly well. I don't want to use hyperbole but it's definitely in the running for the best looking game I've personally ever played. After YEARS of disappointment with the last two games, The Coalition has NAILED IT. 

And a special shout-out to Gamepass Ultimate. It's crazy that I get to play a game of this caliber days before it hits retail along with over a hundred other games--many of which I was already on the fence about buying --for $15 a month...and I don't even start paying for it until March of next year!

Big shout out my man, downloading it now ,without you I would have arrived late to the party , I thought it was out at the end of the month.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Radek said:

Stop spreading miss-information... it doesn't render at 4K 60 fps, it uses dynamic resolution scaling that renders as low as 1080p which is 1/4th of native 4K, it's a marketing gimmick to push X sales, It's still impressive looking game sure but it's not a 4K 60 fps game on the X by any means.

What are you on about? Its highest res is 4k and its most common frame rate is 60 frames on the X, that makes it a 4k 60 fps game. 

Its not a locked 4k but it still renders 4k. When the game hits its strides and runs at 4k@60 what do you call it? 

Also where does it drop to 1080p and 50 frames?

Either way, get it on a gaming PC instead and play it at a native 4k@60 frames. That makes Gears 5 a 4k/60 game. 

Go watch the DF analyst.

StriderKiwi said:
Chris Hu said:

What Microsoft games actually have micotransactions there haven't been any lately.  Also the whole uproar about the loot boxes in Forza Motorsports 7 was complete BS since they where completely optional and where bought with in game currency and not via micotransactions.

Halo 5 was the prime offender, the big new mode "Warzone" was ruined by it. Also all the numbered Forza series games I've played were monetized to hell and back. Can't remember if  Gears 4 had anything, I barely played it. 

The Forza games aren't that monetized since even the ones that had a lot of paid DLC always had that paid DLC on sale on a regular basis.  Plus they got rid of the tokens in FM7 and I doubt they ever will be back earning credits in Forza games is never that hard anyway and if play any of them a decent amount you end up having tons of credits you will never be able to use.

Forza used to be real shitty with monetization. I skipped all of them until I got Horizon 3 on a dirt cheap Microsoft sale because of those shady DLC tactics.

Never cared about Halo because it was exclusive to Warzone and was balanced to prevent pay to win.

I know they’re adding microtransactions to Sea of Thieves, but outside of Forza (which they’ve fixed with the last few releases) they’ve been very good with microtransactions. They’ve embraced GaaS with some of their titles but support them with lots of free updates.