online ads are non-event ...

TV/ subway/magazine ads are where the fight must be won

Time to Work !

libellule said:
online ads are non-event ...

TV/ subway/magazine ads are where the fight must be won

i agree

no one goes online just to view the ads 

I don't see a bundle competing with a TV add.
If for instance I was going to buy an Xbox360 after watching an advertisment for GTA and walked in and saw a "nice" PS3 GTA bundle, I would still go on and buy what I had came for.

I doubt this will affect the PS3 version much as i'm sure Sony will have ad's for the game that end with the PS3!

I mean GTA has always been associated with the PS brand and i doubt this will change much... The PS3 is outselling the 360 in 'Others' by a healthy margin each week so it is safe to assume that come the launch of GTA4 the PS3 will still be on top, but the 360 will get a modest boost :P

Around the Network

It always depends on who's paying for the ads. You don't expect microsoft to promote the PS3 any more than you would expect British Airways company to promote the Heathrow to NYC route with a disclaimer "Also available on American Airlines"....

Anyway, GTA4 is sold out for preorders in most of the UK stores, and it actually sold out earlier for the PS3 than the 360..... The ad is a bit too little too late in this case....

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

Bash away at M$ all you want. Just giving an example (or most recent example I could think of) where a mutli-platform was advertised as not so. Agreed on the Microsoft Equals part.

Hmm, pie.

halil23 said:
Okay thekitchensink! I said I haven't seen it, not the world haven't seen it O_O

And don't say I'm bashing M$, when I mention "Microsoft = Anti-competitive company" I was stating logical (imitate starcraft!) want proof? It all over the web, and you know it!

So The Fury & thekitchensink, just chill and have a nice day!

Oh and did I mention Microsoft = Anti-competitive ;P

Whoa!  Where'd this come from?  I said one single word in my post and posted a video.  You said this:

" I've never seen a multiplatform game advertise for one Platform, typical of M$."

I showed you that Sony aren't saints in this respect, and I did it without flipping out.  That's all.  I AM chilled out :p 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Multiplatform ads on TV very often only feature one console name at the end...whoever paid for the ad.

This is Sony's fault for not paying more apparently.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

This ad really annoys me, not because of company bias but because I find it's repetitivness infuriating, whilst it does give information, I don't think it's a particularly effective or persuasive advert. Only an opinion though, what do you think?

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome