By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I had a dream we'd have a direct tomorrow! And again 12/9/19

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Sadly I know if I had a dream with a direct in it .. it would feature a man who brought games "directly" to you.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/B3oQw

Christ that still brings tears to my eyes reading that.... 

Thanks for sharing that link.  Iwata is a huge hero of mine.  That link also expresses some key reasons why I still think the Switch will be the best selling console yet.  Iwata was the visionary behind the DS and the Wii and he was also the head developer of the Switch.  Even though the Wii U and 3DS were misteps, I realized around the time the console released that the Switch would surpass even the DS.  Iwata had learned a lot from the DS and Wii, and he had even found ways around the sales limitations of those two systems.  The Switch is still in slow mode sales wise.  But I digress....

My main thing is I just want to say Iwata is a huge here of mine.  Thanks for sharing the link.

In both hardware and Software Iwata done some amazing things for gaming for me as a kid all the way up to the Switch which I play on daily, his name appears in the credits of almost every one of my favourite games and his influence is all over what I now consider to be my favourite gaming system ever, the man was a legend and his legend lives on in a lot of gamers most memorable moments.

Those images that someone put together absolutely pull at my heart strings because as a gamer he was great to everyone else, when the WiiU was doing shit he took 2 separate pay cuts to himself before making anyone else worry about their jobs and livelyhood, I am paraphrasing here but I recall he said something along the lines of "how can you expect a game developer to create a wonderful and fun world to be in, when they're constantly living in fear that they will lose their job and home" but I mean not only did Iwata want the games that Nintendo made to be enjoyable but he done so much to make sure that the environment that they were made was one that encouraged people to be happy and it encouraged people to open up what made them happy so they could try and capture that in a cartridge to let others enjoy.

You're very welcome for the link, like I said in my post, I've seen that so many times and it's over a year old now, but each time I read down through it I can't help but feel my eyes well up because he was such a legend and I hope he passed knowing what he meant to so many gamers around the world.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

found that quote!
https://www.polygon.com/2013/7/5/4496512/why-nintendos-satoru-iwata-refuses-to-lay-off-staff

"If we reduce the number of employees for better short-term financial results, employee morale will decrease," he said. "I sincerely doubt employees who fear that they may be laid off will be able to develop software titles that could impress people around the world."

Felt I didn't do it justice with the paraphrase above.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It happened again, this time while awake. I had a sudden feeling we'd have a direct announcement today and boom, I get home like less than an hour later and the nindie direct was announced. What is going on with my brain lol

Dulfite said:
It happened again, this time while awake. I had a sudden feeling we'd have a direct announcement today and boom, I get home like less than an hour later and the nindie direct was announced. What is going on with my brain lol

Maybe your brain works for Nintendo...hmm...

Give yourself to science.