By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct Announced September 4th 2019 @3pm PT/6pm ET

What NOT to expect:

- Anything about Smash DLC
- Anything about Metroid Prime 4 / Trilogy
- Anything about Animal Crossing
- Anything about the Virtual Console (seriously, that's never going to happen on the Switch)

What it will feature instead:

- Link's Awakening
- Dragon Quest XI S
- Daemon X Machina
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- Pokemon Sword / Shield
- Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympic Games

Mark my words.

Around the Network

The last few years Nintendo has always released a game in December, but this year they haven't announced anything. I would expect that announcement in this Direct. Probably nothing big, but maybe a port of a WiiU-game or a enhanced Gamecube/Wii-game

edit: Hope Barkley is correct

Its about a 40 minute direct so I expect some really cool stuff.

That's just tomorrow. They should announce those events at least 3 days in advance so that people have the time to hear about it and fit the event in their schedule in my opinion.

Personally I hope to see the first images or even a small video, why not of Metroid Prime 4. Nintendo needs to motivate me if I am ever to get a Switch.

But yeah I know what some of you might say, it's too early for a trailer for that game. Though I might settle for a teaser.

Excited for this. It feels like a while since we last got a direct.

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:

That's just tomorrow. They should announce those events at least 3 days in advance so that people have the time to hear about it and fit the event in their schedule in my opinion.

Personally I hope to see the first images or even a small video, why not of Metroid Prime 4. Nintendo needs to motivate me if I am ever to get a Switch.

But yeah I know what some of you might say, it's too early for a trailer for that game. Though I might settle for a teaser.

I don't think Metroid Prime 4 is happening. It's a 2019 focused Direct.

I would normally say that there should be some surprises from 3rd party developers, but there have already been a ton of leaks already. Even considering that, I still think there are several third party games we haven't heard about yet coming to Switch.

Barkley said:
Metroid Prime Trilogy releasing in December would be a really nice surprise.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Nintendo have a bare December so far and a port would be a perfect filler for them, as it doesn't take as much time and resources to swiftly fill the gap left by Animal Crossing delay.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Also, hoping for the rumoured Ridge Racer, GTA5, MonHun, S(wii)tch(?) Party, Warioware and Chibi Robo (One can dream!)

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

SNES games announced, Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime Trilogy...yeah, my expectations aren’t in check at all!