By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [Update] Officially two years cancer free

Thank you all so much. :)

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Great news.

I have a question, do you know how much time will it take until we can say that the cancer is gone for good? Will the next checkpoint going to be the final one? Sorry, I don't know how these things work.

With this particular type of cancer, I will be getting scans for 8 years afterwards before they declare it definitively "cured" but the scans will get less over time as it becomes less and less likely it will resurface; right now they're every 4 months but in a few years it might be every 6 or 12 months.

Around the Network

I just got the results of my one-year-since-surgery cancer scans; for this one they went all the way; full body PET, CT, and MRI.

Everything came back clear; absolutely no sign of cancer!

I feel like the weight of a mountain has lifted off my shoulders. I'll still be getting routine scans for the next several years, but for here and now, this is an incredibly promising sign that I've beaten it for good!

curl-6 said:

I just got the results of my one-year-since-surgery cancer scans; for this one they went all the way; full body PET, CT, and MRI.

Everything came back clear; absolutely no sign of cancer!

I feel like the weight of a mountain has lifted off my shoulders. I'll still be getting routine scans for the next several years, but for here and now, this is an incredibly promising sign that I've beaten it for good!

Amazing news! I'm very happy for you!

Always great to hear when someone is able to beat cancer.

By the way, how's your leg?

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

By the way, how's your leg?

Recovering well thanks! A few weeks ago I managed to hit a full-speed run, and I can jog and walk pretty much normally now.

I still have no sensation on my foot, but sensation seems to be starting to slightly return to the tissue graft on my calf, and they did say it could take up to 2 years for the nerve graft to grow in so I'm optimistic it might still get close to normal once its as good as its gonna get. :)

Gongratz! Verry happy you survived this. Wish you all the best.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

JRPGfan said:
curl-6 said:

Thanks man. As far as tumors go, the chances of a positive outcome are pretty good with this type, so I'm trying to stay positive. If all goes well, it should all be over with in a couple of months. It is kinda terrifying though as illness is a central focus of my anxiety disorder.

When I opened the thread, and saw the OP was Curl-6, Im like "I know that guy", your not just some random user here.
I was abit bummed, usually a thread with "I have a tumor" doesnt end well.

Glad it turn out to be benign, Curl.
Best of wishes on your recovery.

Two years ago,....  little did I know, what the future would hold.

I saw this thread in the "hot topics" collum, and it hit me.

My grandmom, recently died to cancer.

Apparently she had a tumor growing (uterus), but after haveing already had surgery/kemo once before (cancer) (years ago), she wasnt eager to go through that ordeal again. So she kept quiet about it. She complained about been weak or in pain, and no one knew anything was wrong with her (but herself, she hid it well). So outta the blue, within a periode of 1 month, just got so bad she was hospitalised, and 2 weeks lateron she was dead.  That was like 2 months ago.

My dad, about 6 months ago, got the news that he had a tumor growing on his liver (stage 4-5 liver cancer).
Apparently its terminal (ei. they cant remove it, or treat it), he had some pills (kemo thingy) that he couldn't handle (were supposed to prolong his life, possibly in the range of 5-10 years). He had some surgery to aid in some of the faults that pop-up from haveing a damaged liver.... which ofc didn't go well either.  He's now in a hospice, and probably only has months left.

In short..... screw cancer.

Wish my dad'd treatment had gone better, covid19 sure as hell didn't help things any.

Awesome news, curl! I'm really glad for you.

And sorry about what's going on around you, JRPGfan.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Happy for you!!