By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Astral Chain reviews: Meta: 87, OC: 87

Metacritic: 87 (58 reviews)

Opencritic: 87 (52 reviews)

Some Reviews

Eurogamer - Essential

Sprawling, varied and constantly stylish, Astral Chain is a very different breed of action game that ranks with Platinum's best.

IGN - 90

Astral Chain is every bit as awesome as it looks in motion, which is to say it’s downright incredible.

GameInformer - 90

I had a blast playing Astral Chain and didn’t want it to end. Platinum has created a wonderful new universe for players to dive into that I could see extending into anime, movies, and hopefully sequels. The dual-character gameplay is also brilliantly devised, and although not as difficult as PlatinumGames’ other titles, creates a duet that makes you feel like a powerful, unstoppable force. The story may be the weakest part of the experience, given just how much it changes trajectory, but it has some legitimately great moments, and a big twist I didn't see coming. All told, this is one hell of a game.

GameSpot - 80

Astral Chain's shortcomings don't overshadow what it does best. It's an incredible execution of a fresh take on Platinum Games' foundation, standing among the stylish-action greats. And its own anime-inspired swagger makes fights all the more exhilarating. You'll come to appreciate the calmer moments in between that add variety and offer a second to relax before jumping back into the superb combat. After 40 hours with Astral Chain, I'm still eager to take on the tougher challenges, and I'll be grinning from ear to ear as I hit all the right moves, one after the other, while watching it all unfold.

Launch Trailer:

Gameplay:

Last edited by Shikamo - on 02 September 2019

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Nintendo is killing it, and the back half of the year still has a lot coming.

Friday it's too far, heeeelp

Last edited by AlbiNecroxz - on 26 August 2019

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Glad I preordered. I knew this would be a gem.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Great scores for a brand new IP, especially one that looks as ambitious as Astral Chain. Don't think this is a title for me, but I know many of you are pretty hyped about this game. Enjoy!

Around the Network

Switch has a new best game.

Congratulations and enjoy a good game my friends.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Rafie said:
Glad I preordered.

Why? Is it out of stock?

Does preordering games make much sense?

Conina said:
Rafie said:
Glad I preordered.

Why? Is it out of stock?

What are you talking about? I just posted my excitement for the game and hearing how well received it is. Meaning it was good that I preordered the game based off of faith that it would be a good game. I gravitate heavily to developers like Platinum Games. No different than someone who would say they're glad they preordered a new FromSoftware game because it got stellar reviews and is glad they did it. That the jist of my post in 3 words.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Conina said:
Rafie said:
Glad I preordered.

Why? Is it out of stock?

Looking at Captain Explosion's reply to you...it seems I might have misunderstood your post. Lately (not necessarily from VGChartz) I've been getting facetious replies to my posts. My apologies if you didn't meant what your post implies. Which is sad I had to take it that way now that I'm reading it. It's not out of stock from what I know. At least in my area. People are excited about the game tho. Given the popularity of both the Switch and Platinum Games. I would venture to say it will sell decently.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron