By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2019: The Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LIV

Who do you believe will have a stronger defense in 2020?

Patriots 2 66.67%

Steelers 1 33.33%

Total:3

lol San Francisco seemed like the far superior team with Kansas barely getting 1st downs. It's crazy how SF fell apart in the 4th quarter.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
lol San Francisco seemed like the far superior team with Kansas barely getting 1st downs. It's crazy how SF fell apart in the 4th quarter.

A Kyle Shanahan speciality 

(Sigh) Unfortunately.

Clearly, he has not learned from Super Bowl 51.

RolStoppable said:
This was a good NFL season for the first time in a long time.

The Packers are the best team in the league, being superior to both teams who played in the Super Bowl. The Packers beat the Chiefs this season and they won against the Seahawks who defeated the 49ers, therefore Packers > 49ers.

Math checks out....

although, the Seahawks did lose to the Ravens, who beat the 49ers, who beat the Packers, who lost to the Eagles, who were beaten by the Seahawks, who the Chiefs didn't even have the balls to play against, despite beating the Ravens, so really....the Seahawks were the best team.

RolStoppable said:
Angelus said:

Math checks out....

although, the Seahawks did lose to the Ravens, who beat the 49ers, who beat the Packers, who lost to the Eagles, who were beaten by the Seahawks, who the Chiefs didn't even have the balls to play against, despite beating the Ravens, so really....the Seahawks were the best team.

I'd say the Seahawks were definitely the best NFC West team not named 49ers, Rams or Cardinals.

Glad we agree

Around the Network

Damn Kyle Shananan learned nothing from SB 51 lol. Even aside from running out the clock while ahead, his refusal to run on the final drive boggles my mind. The first play on the 49ers last drive with any real significance was a 17 yard gain. After that it was six straight pass plays. The first two I can sorta understand since they got backed up by a false start, but after they got the first down they had 1st and 10 from the KC 49 with 1:50 left and all their timeouts in tow. You've got one of the best run games in the league, the Chiefs are playing pure pass, you gotta at least take some of the stress of Jimmy's shoulders and try a run.

Congrats to the Chiefs, and especially to Andy Reid, for finally getting that ring.

Additional congrats to Rol for winning the prediction league! Both users predicted Kansas City by 3. Level1Death tried to change his pick to the 49ers by 3 seven minutes after the game's scheduled start time, but since the Chiefs won it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

I told you guys Mahomes is best qb in nfl. And what did he just do?

sethnintendo said:

Slow down with the hot takes there. Next up you'll be telling us that LeBron James is a good basketball player or something.

MTZehvor said:
sethnintendo said:

Slow down with the hot takes there. Next up you'll be telling us that LeBron James is a good basketball player or something.

I still believe Brady is best all time but he is getting old and doesn't have the receivers anymore.  There are of course other greats still above Mahomes like Montana, Elway, etc...  However if he wins a total of 4 Superbowls in his life then he will only be behind Brady in my book.

I'm pro Mahomes because he went to my college. He was good there but we sucked because we haven't had a defense since end of Mike Leach era.

I'm just saying he is best qb in NFL now. I was happy that Lamar Jackson didn'tt do anything in the playoffs after everyone was sucking his dick the entire season. Sure he is good but I don't think he has an arm like Mahomes. 

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 06 February 2020

sethnintendo said:
MTZehvor said:

I still believe Brady is best all time but he is getting old and doesn't have the receivers anymore.  There are of course other greats still above Mahomes like Montana, Elway, etc...  However if he wins a total of 4 Superbowls in his life then he will only be behind Brady in my book.

I'm pro Mahomes because he went to my college. He was good there but we sucked because we haven't had a defense since end of Mike Leach era.

I'm just saying he is best qb in NFL now. I was happy to Lamar Jackson not do anything in playoffs after everyone was sucking his dick entire season. Sure he is good but I don't think he has an arm like Mahomes. 

That was sarcasm. I was saying that arguing Mahomes is the best QB at the moment is a pretty wildly agreed upon sentiment. =p