By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Battletoads Gamescom Gameplay (Looks God Awful!)

Looks good to me. Very rich art style which stands out. Definitely trying it out.

Around the Network

Although I dislike the designs, it looks good and is well animated. However, there's so much shot going on with their cartoony fight animations that you loose track almost immediately.
And these animations tend to go on forever. Also, the ennemies are lying way too long on the floor before getting up again. All this kills the flow of the game, it's a sluggish mess the way it is now. If they shorten some animations, accelerate them, their movements and the ennemies, then it could become a pretty good game - but not like this.

Hopefully they have different level types that haven't been shown, because at the moment all we've seen are flat brawler levels and hoverbike sections. Could do with some platforming.

Barkley said:

Hopefully they have different level types that haven't been shown, because at the moment all we've seen are flat brawler levels and hoverbike sections. Could do with some platforming.

Apparently its been said the game will offer a mix of different genres just like the original games.

Shows in the OG Trailer with the scroll of texts @ 0.50

Azzanation said:
Barkley said:

Apparently its been said the game will offer a mix of different genres just like the original games.

Yeah, it does say "Platforming" there. Should see it soon then, should have released footage of it by now it would have gone down better.

Around the Network

Only problem I have is it looks too slow. Other than that it should be a blast with my kids in couch co-op, day one.

Barkley said:
Azzanation said:

Yeah, it does say "Platforming" there. Should see it soon then, should have released footage of it by now it would have gone down better.

I agree, it would have been better if they showed more, however the game still seems to be under wraps. 

They only just showed two sections, a Beat'Em Up and Racing section. I am interested in seeing what else they have in store.

It looks okay. They need to speed up the movement and animations, which would solve most peoples complaints. Lets not act like Battletoads was this great franchise to begin with.

It will be a interesting thing to see how it will do once it launch. Quality title from MS.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Barkley said:
Player2 said:

The overcomplicated controls don't fit a beat'em up, either.

"Left trigger + X + Left analog to fire your tongue. TAP to pull yourself towards the enemy, HOLD to pull an enemy towards you."

WTF, man.

Eh, written out it looks more complicated then it actually is. Sounds fine to me. But then I don't play beat'em ups.

The game uses at least six buttons plus the sticks, there should be some unused two button combinations easier to do than that thing.

Last edited by Player2 - on 22 August 2019