By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spider-Man no longer in the MCU after disagreement between Sony and Disney (UPDATE #2): Sony releases statement

This at least means no more woke Spider man and it means that Spidey will be alone in his movies finally no other heroes bullshit anymore.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Fuck Sony. Like, I wasn't planning on watching Venom 2 or any of that shit, but there is no chance they will get any of my money for any of their Superhero movies now. Which sucks, because I really like Tom Holland and I'm sure this sucks for him more than anybody, but man....

Fuck Sony.

How bout fuck $$Disney$$ ? you know the worst horseshit company in the world right now ? yeah let's do that instead.

FUCK $$DISNEY$$

I really like the MCU Spiderman movies so I hope one of them gives and things gets resolved. Disney has done a lot for Spiderman lately so it would be wise for Sony to give a little.

UPDATE: Jeremy Conrad reports Sony Spidey deal talks haven't concluded and it could be saved.

Not so fast!

But yeah, Marvel/Disney should just play ball with whatever Sony wants. Having a smaller cut is preferable to not having Spider-Man in any future MCU films, I think Disney knows that.

DonFerrari said:
It is funny that since this is VGC it obviously must be Sony fault, and also the success of this trilogy have been because of Disney. Like if Disney haven't been making dumb decisions like in Star Wars.

Disney knows how to use their corporate powers to churn out billion dollar movies, with the exception of the horrifically bad Solo movie I think they've been mostly rather successful in that, I think people might be saying it was silly of Sony to back out of the deal based on how lucrative it seems from looking at the 1.1billion which far from home made.

But like I've said in an above post, Sony are well capable of making money from the Spiderman brand. Heck I've got 2 Phat PS3's which still sport the "spiderman" font.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
KManX89 said:

UPDATE: Jeremy Conrad reports Sony Spidey deal talks haven't concluded and it could be saved.

Not so fast!

But yeah, Marvel/Disney should just play ball with whatever Sony wants. Having a smaller cut is preferable to not having Spider-Man in any future MCU films, I think Disney knows that.

Oh, thanks! I'll update the OP and include this. 

sub-zero-TM said:
This at least means no more woke Spider man and it means that Spidey will be alone in his movies finally no other heroes bullshit anymore.

...Of all the complaints you could have about Spiderman's MCU films, it is calling it 'woke'. 

What is that even supposed to mean? 

Oh noes, it has non-white actors in major roles. SJW BS!

Oh noes, the MJ equiv isn't white, SJW BS!

Oh noes, the Parkers are implied to be Italian! SJW BS!

...Let me guess, you are the type of guy who gets annoyed when there are non-white characters in WW2 shooters, aren't you? 

When you have a real complaint that means something, come back to this thread. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

I would not blame one side or the other, since we dont know what really has happened. Spidey is probably the strongest brand of all Marvel characters so we know this is tough. And it is not like MCU is the only one selling well, the PS4 Spidey game has probably sold close to the 1B$ marker as well (some estimate it is reaching 20 million copies sold), so we know it is valuable. 

Anyway I hope we keep getting good Spidey movies, whoever makes them.

KrspaceT said:
sub-zero-TM said:

...Of all the complaints you could have about Spiderman's MCU films, it is calling it 'woke'. 

...Let me guess, you are the type of guy who gets annoyed when there are non-white characters in WW2 shooters, aren't you? 

Well, he did say Spider-Man will be alone his movies again. Maybe he thought Homecoming was too Iron Man-ee. Guess you missed that in the wall of text.

And you said earlier I was "one of those people". What kind of person is that? You didn't elaborate the way you did with sub-zero.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
KrspaceT said:

Well, he did say Spider-Man will be alone his movies again. Maybe he thought Homecoming was too Iron Man-ee. Guess you missed that in the wall of text.

And you said earlier I was "one of those people". What kind of person is that? You didn't elaborate the way you did with sub-zero.

Your identity politics quip. I have no disagreement about the remakes comment, and I don't really care one way or the other about Disney's level of influence in things at the moment. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?